Worlds most adorable drug kingpin

SportsGuy41017

The teen is being called that mostly in part due to her smiling mugshot. Oh yeah, her father? Is the head of the DEA in Texas.

A probable cause statement quoted by NBC affiliate KCEN claims that police found “31.5 grams of packaged cocaine, 126 grams of high grade marijuana, 29 'ecstasy' tablets, methamphetamine and 60 doses of a drug similar to LSD” in Sarah Furay’s bedroom. They also reported finding two digital scales, packaging materials and a handwritten drug price list. Police found text messages in her phone discussing drug transactions.

World?s Most ?Adorable Drug Kingpin? Is Actually the Daughter of Texas DEA Head Honcho | Alternet

Sarah is an adult, 19 at the time of her arrest. The drugs were found in her apartment, in College Station where she was attending Texas A&M. Not at her father's home.

Sounds like a rebellion against a strict set of parents. Something you see all of the time.

The media is using it to disparage a successful officer of the law. No surprise there, and that disgusts me.

^ I don't think anything is being said to disparage the man, but how many times do people, including here on BGP, end up saying that it's parenting? Or at least in part of parenting? We don't know how much time he spent with her and all so no one should say that it was parenting, just like in other cases. But it does show that any kid is capable of doing such things.

^ we all know that if Obama's kids would do something wrong many would be all over it.

Just like the trouble that Sen Paul's son got into, or the troubles of Biden's late son, it will be covered by the media. Is it a reflection on the parents? For me the answer is not necessarily. Report it and move on. I would not use this as a judgement of the parent no matter who they are, unless there are facts pointing to the upbringing. Paul's son and Biden's son are not their fathers.