Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dayton vs. Xavier Predictions

Who wins? 6 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

This strange rivalry between the major Catholic universities of Southwest Ohio begins a new chapter on Sunday at 4:30 with the 159th meeting between the two schools and the first following Xavier's move to the Big East. They'll meet in the championship game of the Advocare Invitational in Orlando.

 

UD arrived via wins over Iowa and Monmouth while Xavier enters the final day off wins against Alabama and Southern Cal.

 

Dayton leads the all time series 84-74 but there's no denying that X has had the better of the Flyers in more recent years.

 

Unbeaten Dayton. Unbeaten Xavier. Lots of old men in red UD sweaters. Something's got to give.

Xaviers first half today was about as good as I've seen any team put together in this early season. If that Xavier teams shows up I'll take X.

I've got Xavier. They have looked good early on.

I think this game hinges on UD's three-point percentage. If they make 40%+ of their treys they can win. Xavier has a huge advantage in the paint and on the glass. Will be a lot of fun...wish it was at Cintas. Ha!!!

  • Author

Flyers had big leads against both Iowa and Monmoth but coughed them away in the pressure minutes. If Dayton can keep its foot on the gas and the younger players can avoid forcing things too much and making poor decisions (I'm looking at you Xeyrius Williams), then the Flyers have a shot.

 

I'm feeling uncharacteristically optimistic.

 

Let's take the Flyers by four.

 

What's wrong with me?

  • Author
I think this game hinges on UD's three-point percentage. If they make 40%+ of their treys they can win. Xavier has a huge advantage in the paint and on the glass. Will be a lot of fun...wish it was at Cintas. Ha!!!

 

Hard to argue with that. Except for the Cintas part. I love the rivalry game, if only because the Atlantic 10 contains essentially none of UD's historical rivals anymore, but I'd be lying if I said I would ever be anxious to see the Flyers inside the Cintas Center ever again.

Flyers had big leads against both Iowa and Monmoth but coughed them away in the pressure minutes. If Dayton can keep its foot on the gas and the younger players can avoid forcing things too much and making poor decisions (I'm looking at you Xeyrius Williams), then the Flyers have a shot.

 

I'm feeling uncharacteristically optimistic.

 

Let's take the Flyers by four.

 

What's wrong with me?

 

This isn't a good sign for your flyers , being so positive.

  • Author

M

This isn't a good sign for your flyers , being so positive.

 

No. It's not.

 

Archie Miller has ruined me.

 

I'm a man of the Brian Gregory generation when all was lost and every day a challenge. It's what I live on.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.