Bluegrasspreps' Class 4A Football Playoff Preview

Ram

I'm expecting a playoff run from Scott, I think they'll be in the Region Final vs. Johnson Central, and that'll be a good one. But Scott hasn't won a playoff game in over 10 Years, and I'm expecting a good run from them this year.

Come on Scott! You can do it (I hope)!

Funny, people in this thread already have the two schools going to the championship. We will cheer on Scott and have all the faith for our team to fight through this game. COME ON EAGLES - YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

In a sense, yes. But on the other hand, the team that comes out of the West may have a hard time preparing for either Ashland or JC. They both basically line up, tell you they're gonna run the ball and dare you to stop them.

I don't think SW has played a team like that all season. Yes, they have a great defense, no doubt about that in my mind. But the reason the Ashland/JC game was so close in my mind is that both teams play each other usually twice a year. Throw in a wrinkle or two and it would be hard for SW to prepare for it.

Personally I don't think you will see any new formations out of Ashland until (if both teams make it) they play JC for the regional final.

While SW may not have played a team like JC or Ashland the same can be said the other way. From what I hear, SW defense lines up and dares you to try and run on them. So far that has proven to be quite the success story for this defense, to the point some have called their run defense as the best in the state.....so my theory, neither has seen a team like the other. Good luck to all.

If Scott pulls the upset victory over Ashland , and advances to the next round ? Will the next round be at Scott Eagle stadium or on the road ?

I "think" don't hold me to it, that this year the district 8 higher seed would host the game. So if JC wins against Greenup, I believe they get home field advantage until Bowling Green. If Greenup beat JC and Scott beats Ashland, I believe that game would be at Scott. Like I said, don't hold me to that, but I think that's how it works this year.