NDA: Regional Champs, Now On To State

wkrp

Congrats to NDA !! Seniors 4 trips to State.....60-0 vs No Ky teams....time to shine at State. Don't be predictable! Don't be nice!!! It's your time!! Need all players to step UP!!!!!

I have a lot to say about the Pandas but only would like to ask about the above comment about the seniors 4 trips to state. The only current senior that was listed on the state roster as a freshman was Morgan Hentz. In my memory only 5 freshman have been on varsity at NDA and had a role (Robinson, Schmahl, Thelen, Ogle and Hentz). Last season Stephenson and Sears were both rostered but didn't play.

Sorry but I think your post is misleading. This senior class has plenty of accomplishments to stand on without skewing the facts. Probably an honest mistake on the OP's part but thought it warranted clarification. This is most of the senior class second time at state.

NDA needs to do something about the lack of offensive production. It's a real concern that I thought they could play out of, but against a weak region they were not able to get the offense going. Passing, back row defense, setting and serving all remain solid.

Not sure why Stephenson remains on the bench after her break out performance vs Assumption. Brought the Pandas back from the dead...and don't think she has seen the court since. It would be different if those in front of her were playing "lights out" but anyone watching can see that isn't happening and stats support the claim as well.

Is there anyone on the bench who can play middle? I have not seen anyone but the two who are playing now but I only attend the "big" games. Both middles offensive production has gone down, although Hardig does seem to be holding her own in spurts. Seems someone sitting over there may be able to come in and provide a spark?

Really, really hoping for a Good showing next weekend!

Part of not being predictable is making changes when you are not getting production. Key to NDA winning is playing the hot players. The NDA team chemistry I think is great ! I see them winning it all !!! BELIEVE !!!!

I have a lot to say about the Pandas but only would like to ask about the above comment about the seniors 4 trips to state. The only current senior that was listed on the state roster as a freshman was Morgan Hentz. In my memory only 5 freshman have been on varsity at NDA and had a role (Robinson, Schmahl, Thelen, Ogle and Hentz). Last season Stephenson and Sears were both rostered but didn't play.

Sorry but I think your post is misleading. This senior class has plenty of accomplishments to stand on without skewing the facts. Probably an honest mistake on the OP's part but thought it warranted clarification. This is most of the senior class second time at state.

per KHSAA

2012.jpg

NDA needs to do something about the lack of offensive production. It's a real concern that I thought they could play out of, but against a weak region they were not able to get the offense going. Passing, back row defense, setting and serving all remain solid.

Not sure why Stephenson remains on the bench after her break out performance vs Assumption. Brought the Pandas back from the dead...and don't think she has seen the court since. It would be different if those in front of her were playing "lights out" but anyone watching can see that isn't happening and stats support the claim as well.

Is there anyone on the bench who can play middle? I have not seen anyone but the two who are playing now but I only attend the "big" games. Both middles offensive production has gone down, although Hardig does seem to be holding her own in spurts. Seems someone sitting over there may be able to come in and provide a spark?

Really, really hoping for a Good showing next weekend!

NDA has no one on the bench that can play middle. The only other middle on the roster is Ashley Rees, who I believe played on the 16-2 team at Tri-State this past season. Hardig and Salkowski are the better options.

NDA has no one on the bench that can play middle. The only other middle on the roster is Ashley Rees, who I believe played on the 16-2 team at Tri-State this past season. Hardig and Salkowski are the better options.

Ok well then all I can do is hope that the girls step up and play. I know they will do their best and leave it all on the floor!

Anyone have any additional info on Henry Clay parent taping final match on Friday night? I heard Ryle HC notified NDA coach. I did see NDA coach confront parent at end of game. Heard Henry Clay parent went down to court and told NDA coach he had erased tape.

Anyone have any additional info on Henry Clay parent taping final match on Friday night? I heard Ryle HC notified NDA coach. I did see NDA coach confront parent at end of game. Heard Henry Clay parent went down to court and told NDA coach he had erased tape.

Tasha Lovins (Ryle Head Coach) notified NDA softball coach who happened to be sitting with Wyatt Foust (NDA Bball coach and Asst. to the AD). Wyatt approached the Henry Clay parent who said he was not aware he was in violation and was taping the games for 'his daughter so she could see how good NDA is". Wyatt appreciated that but asked him to erase the tape while he watched and the HC parent did. After the match, the HC parent approached the Ryle coaching staff and asked them for any tape they had on NDA and would let him take back to HC. Ryle staff politely said "not no but H*** No..." and the parent left.

I don't know anything about the parent approaching NDA staff. I only know what I wrote because it was told to me from one of the people named as having experienced the situation....in other words not heresay but I am not directly involved either. I can only assume what I was told by a first party account was true.

I'll ask since I will admittedly acknowledge that I was unaware of this....but it's a violation to videotape an opposing team? As a parent? I know this is different than a coaching staff going and scouting...but are coaching staffs not allowed to video as well when they scout?

I'll ask since I will admittedly acknowledge that I was unaware of this....but it's a violation to videotape an opposing team? As a parent? I know this is different than a coaching staff going and scouting...but are coaching staffs not allowed to video as well when they scout?

Bylaw 15 under Sportsmanship

"Sec. 2) ILLEGAL EQUIPMENT/VIDEOTAPING

a) It shall also be considered a violation of this rule if any school

or school representative(s) uses or allows the use of illegal

equipment which gains a competitive advantage in the contest

and which is expressly prohibited by the rules adopted for that

sport.

b) This shall also include the on-site recording of past or future

opponents in any electronic form without the expressed consent

of all involved teams.

c) A violation of this provision may result in penalization by the

Commissioner’s offi ce in accordance with the provisions of this

bylaw and in accordance with KHSAA Bylaw 27."

The way I understand it, only if your team/daughter/son is participating in the contest are you allowed to videotape. This bylaw seems to confirm that.

You can only videotape your games. That's why teams trade tapes.

Team A played Team X earlier in the year, and Team A recorded it. Now Team C is playing Team X in the playoffs and asks Team A for their tape on Team X. That's legal. Team C recording Team X playing Team Z would be illegal.

Coaches cannot videotape opponents when scouting. As far as a parent, I think it gets interesting. The short answer to me is - can you videotape? yes. But if anyone other than you sees it, including your daughter, then you likely have just violated KHSAA bylaw 15 sec 2. To me it's not the act of videotaping, it's who's gonna see it. And whether you show it to your daughter, or the coach does, it's a violation. You have to assume from the parent's statement that the video was going to make it's way to the players, whether it went through the coach or not. Plus the fact that a HC parent "just happened" to drive all the way to this match to videotape good volleyball for his daughter that "just happened" to include their next opponent? Sounds pretty open and shut to me.

Taylor County was most recently caught doing this in football. based on what they got from the KHSAA, the punishment is likely to be a fine, or school placed probation, or coach suspension, or a mix of some sort of all 3.

You can only videotape your games. That's why teams trade tapes.

Team A played Team X earlier in the year, and Team A recorded it. Now Team C is playing Team X in the playoffs and asks Team A for their tape on Team X. That's legal. Team C recording Team X playing Team Z would be illegal.

Coaches cannot videotape opponents when scouting. As far as a parent, I think it gets interesting. The short answer to me is - can you videotape? yes. But if anyone other than you sees it, including your daughter, then you likely have just violated KHSAA bylaw 15 sec 2. To me it's not the act of videotaping, it's who's gonna see it. And whether you show it to your daughter, or the coach does, it's a violation. You have to assume from the parent's statement that the video was going to make it's way to the players, whether it went through the coach or not. Plus the fact that a HC parent "just happened" to drive all the way to this match to videotape good volleyball for his daughter that "just happened" to include their next opponent? Sounds pretty open and shut to me.

Taylor County was most recently caught doing this in football. based on what they got from the KHSAA, the punishment is likely to be a fine, or school placed probation, or coach suspension, or a mix of some sort of all 3.

NDA was 'caught' in 2012 and the assistant coach had to sit off the bench the first round of state tournament.