and which is expressly prohibited by the rules adopted for that

sport.

b) This shall also include the on-site recording of past or future

opponents in any electronic form without the expressed consent

of all involved teams.

c) A violation of this provision may result in penalization by the

Commissioner’s offi ce in accordance with the provisions of this

bylaw and in accordance with KHSAA Bylaw 27."

This bylaw seems very antiquated today. With easy access to recording devices and programs like Periscope, and even Youtube, enforcement is difficult at best, and time is probably better served focusing on making your team better. I would understand if the focus of the recording was on an opponents coaching staff's signals (ala Spygate). I have to believe that the situation above is not unusual and that resourceful individuals will find a way to get tapes, and in the meantime, those policing these efforts will more often than not tick off a proud parent or grandparent vs capturing a "spy".

those policing these efforts will more often than not tick off a proud parent or grandparent vs capturing a "spy".

I don't get the proud parent of grandparent comment at all. You do understand we're not talking about taping dear little Betty's game, the one she's playing in.

We're talking about your "proud parent or grand-parent" driving an hour away to videotape 2 teams playing that have no connection to the child or grandchild's team, except, oh wait...just by pure coincidence, one of them just happens to be playing little Betty's team next. That's pretty blatant. Has nothing to do with taping your own kid, or grandpa doing the same.

I don't get the proud parent of grandparent comment at all. You do understand we're not talking about taping dear little Betty's game, the one she's playing in.

Ok, so who's checking id's? If you aren't wearing either team colors are you assumed guilty? "SECURITY-Check Grandpa's credentials".... It just seems that we, myself included, forget that this is high school sports. Just because a video is sourced one way(deemed violation) vs "proper channels" still screams overactive legislation. Then again, I voted Republican today.

Ok, so who's checking id's? If you aren't wearing either team colors are you assumed guilty? "SECURITY-Check Grandpa's credentials".... It just seems that we, myself included, forget that this is high school sports. Just because a video is sourced one way(deemed violation) vs "proper channels" still screams overactive legislation. Then again, I voted Republican today.

They were wearing their Lexington United and Bluegrass Battle tournament volleyball clothes. That's pretty blatant. If you're going to record your opponent, at least try and be sneaky.