Clemmon gets another year at Ohio Co.

He played his first game with Ohio Co. against Fairdale at Meade Co. Yesterday. He has been granted another year of eligiblility after being in a terrible car wreck. I overheard his coach saying that he had over 27 fractures in his face. He looked pretty good in the game. However, he was obviously out of shape and had to be subbed frequently. How will this change the rankings in this region?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm happy for Clemmons, but didnt he played most of his senior season?

How are they going to deny someone like Rodney Haddix who got promoted to the 9th grade but never went?

He played 3 years of High School and now they say he cant play his 4th?

Clemmons played 3 and a 1/2 and can play another one?

Seems like they just lost their consistency

KHSAA helps one kid, rolls over another one

He's a fine ballplayer — I remember SL having lots of trouble dealing with his size in the Sweet 16 two years back. Glad he got the extra time, because based on everything I heard about his injuries, he didn't attend much school.

IMO, this is in no way, shape or form similar to Haddix. It seems pretty clear any move made by Haddix and his family was done with athletics in mind.

Pretty clear to me he was struggling in the class room and needed another year in the 8th grade before he entered high school and the grades stuck with you, also pretty clear there will be kids all over the state who did the same thing and will be playing this year, because no one is questioning them

Its taking the state of ohio months to figure out what to do with Bill Walker and he played 14 games as a 9th grader at Rose Hill, that one is "pretty clear", how the KHSAA could decide this case so quickly speaks of their infinite wisdom, and the great need Ohio has for their infinite wisdom