NDA Director of Basketball Operations??????

I saw this position listed on NDA website. I have never seen this title connected with a high school before. What does a person in this position do on a high school basketball team? I know this person coaches (or use to) AAU and 1 or 2 of his former players now play for the Pandas.

Edited by hoops5
Rule 4 recruiting

What would their job description be? I'm an NDA alum and I think this job is unnecessary on the high school level. I wonder how many hours are spent working on behalf of the program and what the compensation is.

Unneeded position. Do they have one for soccer and volleyball ? 2 sports there that I can see needing one over basketball. I can't see that NDA coach Using it but anything other than a secretary. I also wonder if this is a paying position and if so do the parents have to pay in one shape or form for it. Whatever this position does how about the assistant coaches do it.

Is this a position for Nancy Winstel

No. I just text a friend who has a daughter on the team. " I have no idea at all" jerry Allen is the assistant coach now which "they love" "not sure what he does" being said of this person. I asked how NDA was looking and response was " let you know in 3 months"

Unneeded position. Do they have one for soccer and volleyball ? 2 sports there that I can see needing one over basketball. I can't see that NDA coach Using it but anything other than a secretary. I also wonder if this is a paying position and if so do the parents have to pay in one shape or form for it. Whatever this position does how about the assistant coaches do it.

I'm certain the school approved this position and all is well. Some programs have several assistant coaches. this is no different. Not worth getting a bee in your bonnet over.

There are quite a few High School Coaches that Coach AAU in the summer so I wouldn't think that would be a issue at all.

Let me be more clear: A non-coaching position that had never existed was created and an AAU coach took it. Some may think that there isn't enough need so having said AAU coach in the position COULD have ancillary benefits.

Let me be more clear: A non-coaching position that had never existed was created and an AAU coach took it. Some may think that there isn't enough need so having said AAU coach in the position COULD have ancillary benefits.

So this never existed before? Is this something that could've existed but wasn't typed up and posted on their website?

As Woody Harrelson said on Cheers, "Money gets spent, but titles are forever."