Campbell County vs Montgomery County

Dolphin

I'd give MoCo the advantage too, BUT, I'm a Campbell dad so I'm going with the Camels!

Why?

Payback (finally)

Field conditions. the field at Sharp Middle (Pendleton home field, host of regionals) is in horrible condition (more in the Brossart loss thread?), with uneven grass surface. the ball bounces around like a ping pong ball on a trampoline with 3 kids jumping on it. It killed Brossarts technical passing game last night, and it will kill MoCos as well, as they play a similar style of attack.

The two played earlier this year at Montgomery Co (again, 2nd year in a row), and Campbell lost 1-3. Scored first, but fell behind to the very physical play of MoCo (and yes I'll complain about the home refs too, but that's another story). Campbell has toughened up over the season, much more than i expected, with much less concern for fouling opponents that early in the season.

So...

Campbell 3 - 2 MoCo

!

and it's my first post. been lurking for a couple months, just couldn't hold it any longer.

Cheers!

We had those same refs also......I find it ironic that BB complains about field conditions...

Who from BB complained about field conditions? That was from a CC parent who was quite effusive in his praise of the Mustangs. He simply stated that he thought the conditions were a detriment to their skill set. Know your facts before you spew this garbage.

Good luck to the Camels tonight!

Campbell County started the season 4-8-2 but has gone 5-1 in their last six outings. If they are starting to come together that could give MoCo a good game. I'm confident Camels can net a couple (Augspurger is good for at least one and Schneider or Perkins for another). The challenge will be holding MoCo to less than 2. Shkrabba and Caswell Fuller each average more than one goal per game, but from all reports the field may take away some of what Fuller can do on the dribble with the ball. I'd like to go with Campbell County, but I think MoCo wins in a 4-2 slugfest.

Who from BB complained about field conditions? That was from a CC parent who was quite effusive in his praise of the Mustangs. He simply stated that he thought the conditions were a detriment to their skill set. Know your facts before you spew this garbage.

Good luck to the Camels tonight!

Justsayin......I did read too much into the other post........apologies to the Mustang Nation......

....and rarely do I "spew" .....except for 2 Saturdays ago when I undercooked the ribs........most effective diet I have been on in a while......

That field is really bad. Drainage grates on the field is all u got to say.

Question,

Why does the KHSAA allow a regional game to be played here. To me it's a disgrace. If the school doesn't have good facilities then they shouldn't be allowed to host.

Just Saying

Question,

Why does the KHSAA allow a regional game to be played here. To me it's a disgrace. If the school doesn't have good facilities then they shouldn't be allowed to host.

Just Saying

Meets the minimum requirements. Saying they have to have a "good" facility is also pretty ambiguous. Lest we not forget too that there are areas of the state that don't have the money or facilities to hold up to that standard. Not everywhere is as blessed as nky with the abundance of turf

Meets the minimum requirements. Saying they have to have a "good" facility is also pretty ambiguous. Lest we not forget too that there are areas of the state that don't have the money or facilities to hold up to that standard. Not everywhere is as blessed as nky with the abundance of turf

Bothwsys,

I here you and agree, my concern is not just the facility it's more with the field. Poor field conditions which is common this time of year. These field conditions could cause possible injuries to players on both teams and that's never good.

I would rather see the matches played on better fields. We could allow Pendleton County or other region teams to manage the gate and concessions, that way they can still receive that revenue. That way everyone wins.

Just Saying...

I find it ironic that BB complains about field conditions...

I'm sure your reference is to our playing at Pendery Park.

Football is played at Sharp Middle School, Football is NOT PLAYED at Pendery Park. I agree, you have to bring your own chairs and sometimes the bugs can be nearly unbearable, BUT there is nothing chopped up about the playing surface at Pendery.

Furthermore, if you read the post on the Brossart loss closely, it was NOT a Brossart fan moaning about the field conditions, it was a Campbell County fan arriving early to watch the second game who made the observation.