Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lloyd @ Newport Central Catholic Predictions

Who Wins???? 50 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins????

    • NewCath (2A district streak continues)
      50%
    • Lloyd (David takes down Goliath)
      50%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Lloyd mostly underclass but very talented Smith very talented but he needs his team to help as well. I pray for them all because all this extra talk needs to stop. think back to your time of playing this is big for all, I hope Lloyd has the better team on this one because I have never heard of a one man team do they have any other players that can be spoke on?

  • Replies 61
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree JuggAlum and your take is right on the money. It is apparent that the Juggs have a huge mental barrier to overcome when it comes to football games against NCC and BW. Back in my day we were in 1A and we beat NCC a couple years in a row, but everytime we played BW we beat ourselves as much as the Tigers did. Granted those BW teams of 91, 92, and 93 were arguably the best in the state, but still the mental aspect cannot be overlooked. They simply were able to get into the players heads and we always seemed to freeze because BW was so good at running to counter and Burger and Wilmhoff were tough, tough runners.

IMO if Lloyd gets that initial 2A win against NCC it can do wonders for their confidence and that could really help the team to truly believe that they can line up with anybody the rest of the way and come out victorious.

 

You beat them in '91 when Brandon put on a Heisman worthy performance. You did not beat them in '92 or '93.

Only saw Lloyd once against BW and was extremely impressed with their skill people and thought BW's depth and experience just wore down Lloyd's bigs that just weren't in full game shape. I thought QB Fant (very athletic so.) would have matured into a major game changer by this time in the season. Great arm, very quick, and makes defenses miss when he runs. Now I hear he plays very little and has not progressed. Can anyone tell me what has happened? This kid has the physical tools to be one of best in NKy before he graduates.

 

With the inconsistency at the QB position, I hate to get off the Juggernauts train, but I picked NC in N.Ky contest.

Lloyd mostly underclass but very talented Smith very talented but he needs his team to help as well. I pray for them all because all this extra talk needs to stop. think back to your time of playing this is big for all' date=' I hope Lloyd has the better team on this one because I have never heard of a one man team do they have any other players that can be spoke on?[/quote']

 

Of course Jacob Smith needs his team to help, tell me a player that doesn't. We have Harris, who also runs the ball, quick and elusive. WRs Wrokbleski and. Anderson also very quick and great hands. I could go on and on in regards to the offensive side of the ball. Offensive and defensive lines are good, although I'd like to see a little more substituting for the ones who play both ways. Fresh legs are always a plus. On defense I'd say it would be hard to find a better defensive player than Maleek Lawrence. It's like the kid has ESP, as he always seems to know where the ball is going and he's usually right there to meet the recipient.

I think penalties is more of a NCC worry. The Juggs need to focus on winning the field position battle and turnovers.

 

Thanks for the information. I did ot realize NCC made that many mistakes. If Lloyd wants to win the field position batlle they need to get the kicking game to better level. I can't wait for this game on Friday.

Only saw Lloyd once against BW and was extremely impressed with their skill people and thought BW's depth and experience just wore down Lloyd's bigs that just weren't in full game shape. I thought QB Fant (very athletic so.) would have matured into a major game changer by this time in the season. Great arm, very quick, and makes defenses miss when he runs. Now I hear he plays very little and has not progressed. Can anyone tell me what has happened? This kid has the physical tools to be one of best in NKy before he graduates.

 

With the inconsistency at the QB position, I hate to get off the Juggernauts train, but I picked NC in N.Ky contest.

 

They noticed he wasn't progressing and was makin the same mistakes over and over. That is when they found out that he doesn't actually read the defenses and receivers. He just throws to who he thinks will be open. He still has 2 yrs to figure it out and I'm sure he will but at this time......

Mex, I stand corrected, thought the Juggs won twice in 91', reg season then playoffs and then reg season 92. Thanks for the clarification. That 1A district of the early 90's produced great games between NCC,Bw, Bellvue, and Lloyd.

Edited by footballfan1975
spelling

first off you must don't know the players on the Juggs team because you have just announced some players who never get in a game, might want to add Dawson and Juiett to that list Smith is a well balanced player and what all have to remember is this is his last time to do this before he moves to the next level. his mental is very tuff, and he will try to run over the Juggs. but one person is not the whole team, now as far as the Juggs they should run Lunsford a few times.can even let some of the JV get some.

I take it you were referringto mme since I listed 9 players. 6 of the 9 play a lot and some of them both ways, as for Mason, Burgheim, and Williams they have played specual teams all season. So to say I dont know the Juggs roster is not accurate. Dawson was the player I could not think of that is why I listed 9.

My post was not meant to disrespect anyboby or any player. The point I was trying to make was that the Juggs should learn from the NCC playoff loss from last year and put speed and experience on the field so the Juggs dont get burned by any fake punts again.

Also, Dancer11, I agree with your take that its a team sport and it comes down to all the players executing and not just an individual.

Who normally does the game update thread for the Breds?

Who normally does the game update thread for the Breds?

 

Usually Lawnboy

^ That is what I thought. Just want to try and coordinate with who ever does do the updates, since I have been doing the Lloyd update threads. Plus this contest has been some what highly anticipated in the past couple weeks and I what to do this the best way possible and be the best update thread.

^ That is what I thought. Just want to try and coordinate with who ever does do the updates' date=' since I have been doing the Lloyd update threads. Plus this contest has been some what highly anticipated in the past couple weeks and I what to do this the best way possible and be the best update thread.[/quote']

 

He does a great job and He often gives play by play. He doesn't sugar coat anything, even if it doesn't always go in Newcath's favor, lol.

  • Author
He does a great job and He often gives play by play. He doesn't sugar coat anything, even if it doesn't always go in Newcath's favor, lol.

 

Thanks for the nice comment.

  • Author
^ That is what I thought. Just want to try and coordinate with who ever does do the updates, since I have been doing the Lloyd update threads. Plus this contest has been some what highly anticipated in the past couple weeks and I what to do this the best way possible and be the best update thread.

 

Sent you a PM

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.