Trinity 35 St. Xavier 6 (JV)

All Tell

St. Xavier junior wideout Matthew Smith scored the loan TD for the Tigers. That TD was the result of a well thrown ball from Soph Jack Albers.

Trinity junior QB Spencer Blackburn guided the Shamrocks offense and completed several passes. Junior RB Roderick Thomas was the main ball carrier for the Rocks. The defensive backfield for Trinity batted down several passes throughout the game and overall defensive effort allowed the Tigers minimal rushing yardage.

I was fortunate to be seated behind the venerable Denny Nash, Flaget '54 and the head football coach for the Bishop David Falcons from 1964 through 1983. He compiled a 141-70-4 record at BD. He played with Paul Hornung at Flaget, winning the 1952 state title.

It was a great beginning to "Beat Saint X Week" or "Pride Week" if you prefer! :thumb:.

St. Xavier junior wideout Matthew Smith scored the loan TD for the Tigers. That TD was the result of a well thrown ball from Soph Jack Albers.

Trinity junior QB Spencer Blackburn guided the Shamrocks offense and completed several passes. Junior RB Roderick Thomas was the main ball carrier for the Rocks. The defensive backfield for Trinity batted down several passes throughout the game and overall defensive effort allowed the Tigers minimal rushing yardage.

I was fortunate to be seated behind the venerable Denny Nash, Flaget '54 and the head football coach for the Bishop David Falcons from 1964 through 1983. He compiled a 141-70-4 record at BD. He played with Paul Hornung at Flaget, winning the 1952 state title.

It was a great beginning to "Beat Saint X Week" or "Pride Week" if you prefer! :thumb:.

Thank you for the breakdown thsrocks! Blackburn and Thomas getting needed reps in competitive games and I like it a lot. Also have a bunch of talented guys on the defensive side playing in the JV games. The JV Rocks are undefeated including big wins over Elder on the road. Love what the coaches are doing to make sure we have "depth" on Friday nights. Strong coaching with the emphasis on developing players.

Wish I could have joined you in the stands behind Coach Nash. My Dad was a member of that team and anytime you have the opportunity to be around the old Flaget guys is a GREAT DAY! Wish more current Rocks, Tigers, Colts and Cougars had the opportunity to spend time with this special group of men from the 1950's. Flaget and the West End hold a special place in my heart and I've passed all the stories on to my son and the time he spent with his Grandfather will be cherished forever.