Comparing Highlands, CovCath and Dixie

jbwill2

Highlands

CovCath

Dixie

Grant

I have not watched Grant County play this year. I have watched Dixie play. That is about the only reason I put Dixie in front of Grant. Dixie is struggling, which is expected after all they lost. If Grant is playing good football and playing Dixie at home this year, I could see them pulling the upset.

I have seen Dixie, Cov Cath and Highlands play. I expected a down year from Dixie but did not expect Cov Cath and Highlands to be down with them. From what I have seen, I give the edge to Cov Cath. Their defensive line looked good stopping the run against Ryle. That was Cov Cath with Darlington though and it looks like that loss has really hurt their offense. Dixie has the best running backs of these three. If their line starts playing better, Dixie could surprise both Cov Cath and Highlands offensively and make the games a little closer than expected but I don't think Dixie's defense is good enough to get them wins versus those two. I don't expect Grant County to be within 2 TD's of the three above. I rank them as:

1. Cov Cath

2. Highlands

3. Dixie

4. Grant County

I've watched CCH twice (Ryle and Lexington Catholic).

I think we need to temper expectations for the next couple of years. Solid talent. Some really good individual young talent (Butler/Mayer). Nice college prospect in Ziegelmeyer.

Every year we talk about CCH as if they are an elite program. They're not. They're good. They can get better before the end of the season. They're not going to make a title run any time soon. Let's just let them be who they are vs what we expect them to be.