Frosh Regional

mexitucky

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CC freshman schedule has been weak, Cooper, Dixie, Scott, Simon Kenton, George Rogers, and WV. Bishop Brossart is coming up next, likely will be their most difficult match until the Freshman tournament. They play no one after Bishop Brossart.

They did get the benefit of the draw, very easy side of the bracket. Cake walk to the semi final where they likely loose to either St Henry or Brossart.

So for someone that hasn't been following the Frosh side, who are the powers?

Haven't seen all the teams but regardless, it's hard to say because you don't know what team each school will bring. Will they bring the frosh who just play on the frosh team or add those from their JV/Varsity squads? For example, CCH plays Ryle in the opening game. Both teams show 5 freshman on the J/V roster, although Ryle lists their 5 frosh on the freshman roster as well. Just a guess but I'm thinking the 5 Ryle frosh will play in the tournament, but I know the 5 CCH frosh will not play. I predict a Ryle/St. Henry final.

So for someone that hasn't been following the Frosh side, who are the powers?

If only Frosh play, CovCath is. That tight field is going to be tough for a lot of players to handle, bc as soon as they get the ball somebody is right on them. CovCath's passing and technique is a big advantage. HHS has improved big time defensively and have 4 or 5 players who can create off of the dribble. Their issue is quick passing, they really like to play direct, and lack of space could hurt them.

If Ryle brings down their JV Frosh then they are the favorite. Those are 5 really good players.

Just so we have context, can everyone give their teams record, top win, and top opponent? It would be nice to know a little about every team, even if it isn't exactly who will represent their school.

Birds 7-3-0. Top win is NewCath, best opponent was Trinity (Twice).

Calvary freshman schedule weak? They dominated all those games- guess will see how they play- good thing games are played not speculated- good luck to all teams this weekend!

How does, "They dominated all those games" counter the thought that the Calvary freshman schedule is weak? If anything this statement makes the argument (weak schedule) more likely.

Spoke to a Ryle parent, they said for first time in several years, every freshman has played in every freshman game this year. They have 4 freshman playing both freshman and JV, and no freshman currently playing varsity.

also, saw at henry play, and there freshman team is one to watch in the tournament depending on draw.

Spoke to a Ryle parent, they said for first time in several years, every freshman has played in every freshman game this year. They have 4 freshman playing both freshman and JV, and no freshman currently playing varsity.

also, saw at henry play, and there freshman team is one to watch in the tournament depending on draw.

Then Ryle v. CovCath is going to be very interesting on Friday. What a brutal 1st round game.

St. Henry is ok. They lack the depth across the field that CovCath has. I haven't seen them since Highlands played them. They definitely have players that can make things happen 1 v 1, but on such a small field, it is going to be tough to get that space via the dribble.

Then Ryle v. CovCath is going to be very interesting on Friday. What a brutal 1st round game.

St. Henry is ok. They lack the depth across the field that CovCath has. I haven't seen them since Highlands played them. They definitely have players that can make things happen 1 v 1, but on such a small field, it is going to be tough to get that space via the dribble.

I figured Ryle will have all their frosh there, which is why I picked Ryle to advance to the final. St. Henry on the other side of the bracket.

I figured Ryle will have all their frosh there, which is why I picked Ryle to advance to the final. St. Henry on the other side of the bracket.

I will go with that as well. The 5 Frosh that Ryle will bring down make the team very well rounded, plus Bailey's throw in will be a huge weapon near the box.

Ncc has a very solid freshman team this year

Beat cov cath

As you know, they are in shape and will be hard to beat. That narrow field plays to our style of soccer.

With the bracket set up the way it is, who knows what will happen

I hope to get to see them again. That would mean that the Birds had made the semis