Elder (OH) 35 Scott County 17

frankdracman23

75 didn't show me much. But dirty play. He holds,plays after whistle, cheap shots kids , after Scott co kid stopped he would hit them again. Or push down from behind. Wasn't that good at all. Another case where being big gets him looks from good schools or attention.

Holding is way overblown at the high school level. If most high school referees happened to ref college games; they would never end because of all of the flags being thrown.

Yep. It always has and always will. You can't coach size and mobility.

No question and make no mistake, Jim McKee is one of the best football coaches in KY.

Yes he is and Scott County always has a very effective passing game under McKee. They aren't letting it fly over the yard, but their efficiency when they pull the trigger speaks for itself. In the 13 and 14 seasons alone, they have thrown for 40 touchdown passes and only 4 INT's.

Sometimes you just play people better than you, and when that somebody happens to be one of the best in the entire country; you get beat.

Props to Scott County for scheduling this game.

Who's was fighting ? I was at the game an didn't see none of that. I did see elder playing after the whistle a lot. An a lot pushy grabby stuff. An when sc kid pushed back. He was the one who got penalty ?? Tell us who was fighting ?

Go to Fox 19 and find their video highlights from the game. They showed the Scott Co players arguing and shoving each other in the huddle.

Scott County did things you can't do against good teams. You can't have stupid penalties and turnovers. They shot themselves in the foot when they had an opportunities. Emotions seem to run high and you are always going to be caught if you retaliate. McKee will get them focused on these mistakes I am sure. As far as passing game the sophomore QB came into the game completing 80% of his passes. He did not have a lot of time, sometimes he was hit coming out of fakes and the defense did a great job knocking receivers off their routes and were very physical to the point I personally thought some flags should have been thrown. On the other side defense for Scott Co needs to get better in the passing game. But Elder is good, very balanced, and physical. When come and play good team in GCL, you have to play perfect just to compete. Good early test for Scott Co and great atmosphere to play in.

Big question is "How good is the GCL this year?" They have to be crazy good. Elder was picked by many to be near the bottom and they laid a whipping on a pretty athletic team although teams that cannot throw at all these days usually struggle.

I think that the GCL could be the best conference in the country top to bottom, not to mention 4 teams in top 100 in the country. Hard to argue. Great job Elder and I think Scott Co will be fine the rest of the year. Was told they are starting 2 freshman and 2 sophomores. Good for their youth and team to see a great team like Elder early in season.