Beechwood 48 Somerset 14

It was close at the opening kick-off. After that, the Tigers pretty much had their way. BW left at least 2 TD's on the table. It could have easily been 62-14 if were not for an INT in the end zone and a TD run called back. The Jumpers had no answer for Stringer. He was in high gear. Many times he came over to the sideline looking like he was going to pass out and he would suck it up and go back in and rip another long gain off. I gained a ton of respect for Ethan Stringer. Slusher was his usual self making plays all over on offense and defense. Let me give a big shout out to the line on both O and D. On a hot evening they did not wilt. These boys are conditioned. Hermes was chasing down the RBs from Somerset on many plays late in the game. And I cannot say enough about Freshman Logan Castleman. It is no fluke that he is in the lineup. The Tigers still need to work on long snaps from center. That needs to be cleaned up. Overall, a very solid and gutsy performance by BW with as hot and humid as it was. It could have been even hotter on the field if it were not for playing on natural grass. The playing surface from what I could tell was in excellent condition. I walked across it after the game and it was like walking on a lush putting green. Nice facility they have in Somerset. Nice folks in the "holler" as well.

It was close at the opening kick-off. After that, the Tigers pretty much had their way. BW left at least 2 TD's on the table. It could have easily been 62-14 if were not for an INT in the end zone and a TD run called back. The Jumpers had no answer for Stringer. He was in high gear. Many times he came over to the sideline looking like he was going to pass out and he would suck it up and go back in and rip another long gain off. I gained a ton of respect for Ethan Stringer. Slusher was his usual self making plays all over on offense and defense. Let me give a big shout out to the line on both O and D. On a hot evening they did not wilt. These boys are conditioned. Hermes was chasing down the RBs from Somerset on many plays late in the game. And I cannot say enough about Freshman Logan Castleman. It is no fluke that he is in the lineup. The Tigers still need to work on long snaps from center. That needs to be cleaned up. Overall, a very solid and gutsy performance by BW with as hot and humid as it was. It could have been even hotter on the field if it were not for playing on natural grass. The playing surface from what I could tell was in excellent condition. I walked across it after the game and it was like walking on a lush putting green. Nice facility they have in Somerset. Nice folks in the "holler" as well.

Wish I knew you were there, I would have met up with you.

I told someone before half time that it felt like it was 35-7 and it was still only 19-7.

Somerset never adjusted to the counters and misdirection in the backfield by Beechwood. Tiger RB's had free runs on most plays for the first 5-6 yards before seeing a Briar Jumper.

Beechwood QB I see had 3 incompletions but I only remember one...I think he was 6-6 or 7-7 when he was picked in the endzone.

Somerset struggled more in the passing game catching and completing passes than I've seen in a while, partly due to the Tiger D and partly due to passes that were just a bit off target or WR's not able to pull them in.

Coach said that they had a poor week of practice, that it was kind of pedestrian...and they played like that last night.

Beechwood has a really nice team...good luck the rest of the way.

What an awesome facility. Was kind of puzzled at the amount of empty seats on the Home side of the field...although the stands were large. Hospitality was great. As far as the game goes....that was a methodical Beechwood pounding. The Jumpers have some good talent but could not answer the "desire" Beechwood played with. One thing I am noticing about this Tiger defense is that they will be as sucsessful as the D-line is. Typically the interior line eat up the blocks so that frees up the linebackers to make plays...when. Beechwood blitzes a linebacker- it frees up Overstreet or Hermes to make the play. Great play by these two. They played great together as freshman and on JV. Glad they get a chance as seniors. Great game overall by the Tigers.

First off, for all the Beechwood folks that made the trip, enjoyed the facility and had a good visit, you might want to pat your back as well for being some of the nicest folks cheering against the Jumpers I've been around. Thank you all for coming down.

Beechwood is just impressive. They look well disciplined and just controlled every facet of the game.

This Jumper team is an enigma to me. They have most of the pieces but still are so young. What hurt me last night is seeing some of them just play as badly as they could. I have theories about that, but I keep those to myself.

Somerset is still another year away from being a contender.

Beechwood...I'll be paying attention to you all this year.

Edited by CowboyDad
Spelling

What an awesome facility. Was kind of puzzled at the amount of empty seats on the Home side of the field...although the stands were large. Hospitality was great.
Had a really nice crowd for the first game of the season. I think the holiday weekend hurt the crowd some this week as several people that I know that are normally at games are camping this weekend.

Those big ole stands often make even a nice crowd look small. When this field was built back in the 70's Somerset football was the only game in town. Pulaski wouldn't start a program for another decade or so and Somerset drew pretty much all of the football fans for the entire county back then.

Somerset was also very gracious in having a moment of silence before the game to honor the three family members of Beechwood Head Coach Noel Rash that were tragically killed in an auto accident last week in Fort Wright, KY. Very nice touch Jumper faithful.