Cincinnati Police Chief

SportsGuy41017

He is already vowing to sue...

Of course he is. I have met him several times and I like him, but I never knew of any of the stuff they gave of reasons to fire him.

I now agree, he needed to go. He had his chance to walk away Nd now all of this comes out. I think it will be almost impossible for him to get another PD Chief job, at least a good one, with all of this.

They may end up giving him something just to make him go away. But when the police union members want you gone, and the Sentinels, the black police officers group members want you gone, there won't be any powerful group to back you.

City fires police chief Jeffrey Blackwell

In the five-page memo, Black gives these reasons for firing Blackwell:

•Blackwell verbally abuses and insults staff

•Put the integrity of the police department at risk

•Disregarded chain of command

•Retaliated against staff

•Alienated and disregarded his executive team

•Morale is at unacceptably low levels

•Favored group of officers inappropriately received overtime

•Unavailable during critical public safety moments

•Has an unprofessional obsession with publicity and self-promotion, including taking selfies along the procession route for fallen officer Sonny Kim

•Used his position to get tickets to sporting events, but only took them if they were free

I can't wait to hear how this all plays out. I do agree the guy didn't seem like a good fit, doesn't make him unqualified to be a chief. Just didn't fit in Cinci. With that said...

Morale among PD's is probably "low" across the nation. Given the current state of affairs I don't know how it wouldn't be. When you have officers that would rather not talk about their profession outside of work because they're constantly asked "How do you do it? With everything that's going on or how do you not worry about being a target?" I'd say that takes a toll on most Officers. I don't feel Blackwell helped in that regard however.

How did he disregard chain of command. That's interesting.

How did he put the integrity of the department at risk? Was he drinking, was it the tickets for free portion? Also interesting.

Who were the favored officers and why were they favored, how were they favored and over who?

All questions I think that would concern any chief looking to take that position. Gotta know what you're getting into.

Selfies as an obsession? He just doesn't strike me as the type but perhaps so. Did someone else suggest them, if so then why?

I don't think that's the right course of action. However I do think the city should show proof of all of these allegations. Innocent until proven guilty right?

The chief knows what he did, I think now he is stunned. A few months ago he could have walked away with an extra $135-140 K, heck, even about 10 days ago he could have done it and still save face, and get a good job as a chief somewhere. But, they called his bluff, and now is he gone for cause.

He did this to himself, now he will be lucky to be an officer anywhere. If he decides to push, it will all collapse on him as officer complaint after complaint will be presented, which will further push him down guaranteeing never to get a good job in any department.

From what I heard, if he would have walked away about 10 days ago he would have been fine, but also two weeks ago more complaints came in, and a week ago the city started compiling the complaints together in order to fire him. The city will have all of it's duck's in order, and he has no union to turn to as they are against him, as well as the black police officers organizations.