If only Ray Rice would have went to Court...

theguru

we wouldn't even have had deflategate because I believe Goodell would have been outed as a liar.

Goodell saw the video...

I have said it before and I will say it again, Goodell needs to go.

Oh, and I will keep watching the NFL no matter how long Goodell is in charge. Just sayin.

we wouldn't even have had deflategate because I believe Goodell would have been outed as a liar.

Goodell saw the video...

I have said it before and I will say it again, Goodell needs to go.

Oh, and I will keep watching the NFL no matter how long Goodell is in charge. Just sayin.

When I saw the thread title I was ready to argue with you. Then I read your post and was reminded that I also believed Goodell saw the video and lied about it when TMZ showed the world the video. I'm with you. Ray Rice should have gone to court.

My question now. Since Ray Rice's career is close to being officially over is it too late to take Goodell to court and expose him?

When I saw the thread title I was ready to argue with you. Then I read your post and was reminded that I also believed Goodell saw the video and lied about it when TMZ showed the world the video. I'm with you. Ray Rice should have gone to court.

My question now. Since Ray Rice's career is close to being officially over is it too late to take Goodell to court and expose him?

Many would call it sour grapes but Rice would be doing the players a huge favor by going back to court in an attempt to prove Goodell lied.

Ok so Goodell goes, who takes his place?

Does anything change with the NFL with a new commish?

The discipline process will have to be revamped. No ifs, ands or buts about it. The NFL can't keep taking losses in federal court over how they pass out discipline. In all 4 cases that they lost in appeals there is guilt somewhere on the player's part but the NFL has to at least prove some guilt instead of just assuming guilt and doling out punishment.

Next CBA will be twenty times more pages as the current one...as NFL will try to cover every base that could possibly need covering in the future and the players try to counter those moves. Next CBA could lead to a catastrophic strike/lockout as I think it will lead to the most continuous negotiations in the history of sports.

If the owners want to move forward now is the time to do it, one way or another Roger has to go. Either immediately or at the end of his current contract, but he needs to go for the better of the league.

#stillthinkBradycheated

I might need to think this through again after i type it, but i need to ask this question. Why should a judge get to determine how a business (NFL) determines how they punish a player? Shouldn't that be handle with the player (employee) and the business? If the player (employee) doesn't like how they are treated or handled they should take their skills to another employer. I just do not think that the courts should be handling these types of issues.

I might need to think this through again after i type it, but i need to ask this question. Why should a judge get to determine how a business (NFL) determines how they punish a player? Shouldn't that be handle with the player (employee) and the business? If the player (employee) doesn't like how they are treated or handled they should take their skills to another employer. I just do not think that the courts should be handling these types of issues.

The power of a union.

If we all didn't have legal options available for what I want to call extreme cases most of us would be abused by our employers.

In short, I don't believe the Courts normally like telling businesses, cities, etc. how they should govern but this case was an extreme example of abuse of authority and the Judge had to do it.