Winning teams all scoring a bunch

Qryche11

I scrolled through this week's scoreboard and it appeared all winning teams scored what looked like an avg well over 40 points.

Is this because of scheduling? Lack of defense? Effectiveness of the offense?

Go to Riherds board and check out some of those lopsided scores.

It is what it is, some teams good, some teams not. Some teams playing a closer opponent who is a smaller school.

Funny though, if this was week 1 of the playoffs there would be multiple threads about how less teams need to be in the playoffs. Should we have less teams in the regular season too?

I still think there should be less teams in the playoffs. I will go to my grave believing a team who has a 1-9 or 0-10 record deserves to be in the playoffs. Pouring salt on their wounds by making them drive 4 hrs to be destroyed just makes it worse.

It happens this time of the year.

Actually, in the past we have had some "WOW" scores where it would be 60-40 type games.

Product of some teams being more experienced on Offense vs. some teams being less experienced on Defense... also the product of varying schedules.

It's a product of all of it.

What I like seeing is the various offensive styles that are all putting up points. It just goes to show that it all works. It all wins. The trump cards are obviously knowing what you are coaching, and having some dudes out there who have the stuff in them that you can't coach.

There are a lot of points going up in a multitude of ways.

I still think there should be less teams in the playoffs. I will go to my grave believing a team who has a 1-9 or 0-10 record deserves to be in the playoffs. Pouring salt on their wounds by making them drive 4 hrs to be destroyed just makes it worse.

I just noticed my post is Contradicting my belief. I meant they DO NOT deserve a playoff game. Hopefully you guys that liked it knew what I meant.

Some teams are going to give up a bunch of points no matter who they play.

Some teams will score a bunch no matter who they play, because even their 2nd team and JV can score on you.

Unfortunately sometimes those teams are scheduled against each other.