Lafayette 53 Mercer County 13

The officials made some bad calls against Lafayette, but they did play horribly the first half. Mercer was small and no speed. It looked like JV vs Varsity out there. Willis was not hurt..he was taken out of the game. In no way did it ever look like Mercer was out playing Lafayette. My goodness the score was 53-13 and most of the 4th Lafayette had a Freshman in at QB. The second string defense was in for most of the second half. Not Lafayette's best effort they need to pick it up if they want to be competitive with Trinity. That will be a game to watch.

You must be a mercer fan if you thought the officials were fine. The official didn't even see the play were Young Demolished Mercer's DE and he throws a flag for Personal Foul. That kid was just straight overpowered, Young did nothing to get a flag. That's football bad calls are apart of it. It just happened more on the Lafayette side.

You must be a mercer fan if you thought the officials were fine. The official didn't even see the play were Young Demolished Mercer's DE and he throws a flag for Personal Foul. That kid was just straight overpowered, Young did nothing to get a flag. That's football bad calls are apart of it. It just happened more on the Lafayette side.

It's a shame that boys that big have to hold opponents half their size on every play. Rip helmets off of people. Hit people out of bounds 10-15 yards behind the play. Too bad Lafayette isn't more disciplined. Maybe they would have looked like they deserved their ranking. They looked overrated to me. They'll get spanked next week by a real 6A team.

I'm still happy with what I see from Mercer. The game got lopsided in the second half when Lafayette's athletes got going. Mercer kept battling though and that was good to see. Seth Tatum hits the hole hard and I was glad to see him rewarded with a TD. Dustin Baker is looking good when the ball is in his hands. Hard to do much last night against those kind of athletes but as the season goes on Mercer won't be playing athletes like the ones at North Hardin and Lafayette. Drew Davis has had it rough these first two games and if he is the leader we all know he is he'll keep the team positive going forward. Two more tough games ahead but they shouldn't be as rough as these last two. They need to keep listening to Coach B and keep working hard. Stay positive Titans!!!!

I see you didn't mention the interception by Dee Smith in the end zone that was called a simultaneous catch and a TD was given to Lafayette on the play. I was 5 feet away from the play and watched it up close and personal. So close I heard the observing referee tell the ref who made the call that he made the correct call. Nevermind that the kid from Lafayette never had true possession of the ball. You didn't mention that play call at all and that cost Mercer County 6 points and the ball.

I saw Young throwing kids most of the evening. Some were legal pancakes and some weren't. I thought the refs did a good job of choosing the legal and illegal plays. As Starks alluded to, they missed a ton of holding calls. On their lineman and DBs. We could see receiver's jerseys clearly being grabbed but no flags were thrown.

Are the refs going to see everything? Of course not. I never saw a personal foul call or an unnecessary roughness call that wasn't warranted. At least these bad calls you say you saw didn't affect the game though, right?

It's a shame that boys that big have to hold opponents half their size on every play. Rip helmets off of people. Hit people out of bounds 10-15 yards behind the play. Too bad Lafayette isn't more disciplined. Maybe they would have looked like they deserved their ranking. They looked overrated to me. They'll get spanked next week by a real 6A team.

Those linemen will not be doing that against a great program like Trinity this weekend. Sure they are huge and D1 material now, but they are playing against bunch of soft Dline. This Friday, they will have their hands full.