Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bishop Brossart 5 Boone County 1

Featured Replies

Final

Congratulations Mustangs! How about that Pendery field! :banana:

Let me say to start out, Brossart was the better team tonight. True to their tradition, they were very physical and they also have skill. Boone played well out of the gate and both teams had opportunity to score.

 

Brossart struck first. One of their forwards went down the left side of the field. Boone's defender had to catch up to him. He caught up to him, made sure he was outside the box and made a slide tackle. CR gave him a penalty. BB scored off the free kick when it was knocked down by the goalie but BB player put it in.

 

I had a pretty good view of the tackle and I thought it was clean. When CR made the call for a penalty, Boone fans yelled, "He got ball," and Brossart fans yelled, "Tripping." A Boone player asked the CR how that was a bad tackle since he got ball first. CR said he agreed he got ball but that he used his arms. I didn't see that and it kind of baffles me how a kid running to catch up and then slides to get the ball which is out front could use his arms. Didn't matter. BB 1 Boone 0.

 

Boone got that goal back shortly as they had a free kick from 30 yards out. Martinez sunk the shot. 1-1.

 

It was 3-1 at half. Brossart scored again not long into the second half. Boone was playing down a starter on defense at that point due to injury. Brossart scored again towards the end of the game when mostly subs were finishing up the match. Brossart 5-1.

 

This game left a bad taste in my mouth because the refs influenced three of Brossart's scores. The first one I described. Another came when Brossart was pressing at Boone's goal. Boone had two defensive players in position chasing a ball that was rolling from the outside of the field towards the center. A Brossart player pushed down our left fullback from behind and ran over top of him which allowed him to get the ball. He crossed it in and Brossart scored. Boone coach loudly objected to this to the ref to no avail.

 

The other score influenced by the refs was a missed offsides. Brossart player was behind Boone's defense by three yards just beyond the mid-line of the field on Boone's side (same side as Boone's goal). He was standing still when the ball was played up and he was able to run free for a 1 on 1 score. Sideline ref made another no call on an offsides but Benjamin made a terrific play on the kick preventing the score.

 

I do not blame Brossart for any of these. They played well and were the better team. We didn't get to see what the match could have been had the refs not influenced it the way they did. It affected Boone's play.

 

I am sure some Brossart fans will have seen it differently but I think I described things accurately. Bishop Brossart is a fine team and they deserve credit for the win. I wish the Mustangs well going forward.

You are 100% correct...Brossart was the better team tonight

I agree, justsayin. They outplayed Boone by a wide margin.

This was in response to lawidcats mentioning Pendery field. Moderator combined two threads to clean things up and so things are out of order.

 

Worst in the area :lol2: but it is home to a good team.

Edited by oldgrappler

Final

 

Sorry to start a separate thread. I looked before I posted mine but did not see this. I apologize.

I apologize to 1711. I did not see he already posted a thread on the Boone Brossart game prior to mine. That is my mistake.

You are 100% correct...Brossart was the better team tonight

 

Did you also see some of the things I mentioned in my initial post?

  • Author

I saw some. I do not think there was a foul committed to allow the first BB goal, just like I don't think there was a foul to set up the goal for Boone . How ever the reffing was very incosonsistant ,one min they were calling ticky tak fouls the next body's were flying through the air. I thought it was a well played game by both teams. Is the center back ok? Never saw him come back in the game.

Anyone have a JV game result???

I saw some. I do not think there was a foul committed to allow the first BB goal, just like I don't think there was a foul to set up the goal for Boone . How ever the reffing was very incosonsistant ,one min they were calling ticky tak fouls the next body's were flying through the air. I thought it was a well played game by both teams. Is the center back ok? Never saw him come back in the game.

 

Thanks for keeping this on a friendly tone, 1711. That is classy on your part.

 

Talked to center back afterwards and his foot is injured. Is not sure of the extent or if he will be ready for Saturday's tilt against Modal in Richmond. Will have to take it one day at a time.

 

Thanks for asking.

Did you also see some of the things I mentioned in my initial post?

 

Yes, I saw the same things. Don't agree nor disagree with your assessment of calls/no calls. Invariably, every call is questionable. I was simply affirming your assessment that Brossart was the better team tonight. No more, no less.

Based on BB's play against Cooper Wednesday night and hearing some of these posts, I'd say they'll stop being underestimated soon. They are a very strong and fast front. Although the style is a bit overboard aggressive, the proper CR can bring out the true skill in a match. Kuddos on the win BB

I don't think anyone from Boone County underestimated them. I know the players did not. BB has always been quite good and very physical. Yes, they have a good amount of team speed, as well.

 

I have watched my son play on Boone against Bishop Brossart on all levels--freshmen through varsity. Bishop Brossart always brings it. I have respect for this team and the program.

 

Spect8r, your observations are correct.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.