Newport Central Catholic 3 Covington Catholic 0 (Freshman Soccer) 8/26/15

kid is a born scorer (think Sergio Aguero of Man City combined with a Luis Suarez of Barca). He's that kind of potential talent.

Really, really? You are comparing a NKY 8th grader to Aguero and Suarez, "he's that kind of potential talent"…really?

Come on man, if this was even 1% accurate the kid would be playing for a DA, not wasting his time playing freshman HS.

Whoa...Easy GPR.....I am merely suggesting how the player plays reminds me of these type of players. Sorry, am I the first on here to ever do that? I don't think so.

I am saying he is talented. Read my other posts in the past on how hard it is to even make it to D1. But if you are concerned with players being compared to pros then I assume you have the same issue with it constantly being done on the football and basketball forums?

It's just a way to describe a player to a soccer audience. And I thought I'd use someone different than Messi or Ronaldo...for once. Chill.

For the Record he is a talented kid who plays for the Top Kings team. I'll leave it at that.

Wonder how many of these eighth graders will be going to cov cath next year?

CCH, no chance. After his "freshman HS" performance yesterday, I'm sure Man City will have a plane waiting for him at CVG by this evening. Heard a rumor Pellegrini was spotted in Park Hills yesterday.

kid is a born scorer (think Sergio Aguero of Man City combined with a Luis Suarez of Barca). He's that kind of potential talent.

Really, really? You are comparing a NKY 8th grader to Aguero and Suarez, "he's that kind of potential talent"…really?

Come on man, if this was even 1% accurate the kid would be playing for a DA, not wasting his time playing freshman HS.

Yes, C'mon Man!!!! Losing sight of the forest for the trees might work here.

For all of you following this thrilling frosh soccer thread and were not able to make the game yesterday, I assure you there were no world beaters on either team yesterday. It was a typical frosh game with lots of kicking, running........an occasional nice pass.........some more kicking and running, etc. Crazy lady yelling at the opposing coach from the stands............more kicking and running. Game ends........one team wins and one team loses.....some people overly excited by the result and their first experience playing high school soccer and seeing one of those new-fangled artificial turf fields.

Whoa...Easy GPR.....I am merely suggesting how the player plays reminds me of these type of players. Sorry, am I the first on here to ever do that? I don't think so.

I am saying he is talented. Read my other posts in the past on how hard it is to even make it to D1. But if you are concerned with players being compared to pros then I assume you have the same issue with it constantly being done on the football and basketball forums?

It's just a way to describe a player to a soccer audience. And I thought I'd use someone different than Messi or Ronaldo...for once. Chill.

For the Record he is a talented kid who plays for the Top Kings team. I'll leave it at that.

Have no problem having some fun and no problem a parent dreaming by comparing his kid to professionals. And I appreciate you walking it back a bit, but IMO you went over the line with this line,

"(think Sergio Aguero of Man City combined with a Luis Suarez of Barca). He's that kind of potential talent."

Again any player that has even 1% of "potential talent" of an Aquero combined with Suarez is not wasting his time playing freshman HS soccer. I know of one local and former KHA kid playing for the Columbus Crew DA, they are a very, very rare breed. When you truly posses that kind of raw talent they find you.

Have no problem having some fun and no problem a parent dreaming by comparing his kid to professionals. And I appreciate you walking it back a bit, but IMO you went over the line with this line,

"(think Sergio Aguero of Man City combined with a Luis Suarez of Barca). He's that kind of potential talent."

Again any player that has even 1% of "potential talent" of an Aquero combined with Suarez is not wasting his time playing freshman HS soccer. I know of one local and former KHA kid playing for the Columbus Crew DA, they are a very, very rare breed. When you truly posses that kind of raw talent they find you.

Now, if we are comparing BPL players, tell me that that kid doesn't physically look like a mini-Yaya Toure.

For all of you following this thrilling frosh soccer thread and were not able to make the game yesterday, I assure you there were no world beaters on either team yesterday. It was a typical frosh game with lots of kicking, running........an occasional nice pass.........some more kicking and running, etc. Crazy lady yelling at the opposing coach from the stands............more kicking and running. Game ends........one team wins and one team loses.....some people overly excited by the result and their first experience playing high school soccer and seeing one of those new-fangled artificial turf fields.

Outstanding and very accurate recap by groinpull.

Now, if we are comparing BPL players, tell me that that kid doesn't physically look like a mini-Yaya Toure.

You've piqued my interest .. who is the former KHA kid playing for the Columbus Crew DA. A quick Google search came up empty.

I love to hear success stories, and I love watching Yaya.

You've piqued my interest .. who is the former KHA kid playing for the Columbus Crew DA. A quick Google search came up empty.

I love to hear success stories, and I love watching Yaya.

I have about zero chance of spelling his name correctly. He is the younger brother of Ibrahima Goumbale (Sp?) from Walnut Hills.

Apologize in advance for likely misspelling his name, Mouloone Goumbale. He is a U-15 age player and as mexitucky says, is younger brother of Ibrahima.

Formerly played for KHA was invited to US national ID camp then recommended he play for a DA. Over the years there have been many, many good players in this area, but it is the very select few that make an impact at a DA, Mouloone is one of these players. I've heard he is a starter and the leading scorer on his DA team. A very gifted, talented, hard working and wonderful young man.

Another local player, Ilias Boujlil is on the US National U-16 Futsal team. And like Mouloone is making a huge impact, I believe he is the leading scorer as well. Plays or played for CUP and Ginga, likewise is very, very talented and a great kid.

Apologize in advance for likely misspelling his name, Mouloone Goumbale. He is a U-15 age player and as mexitucky says, is younger brother of Ibrahima.

Formerly played for KHA was invited to US national ID camp then recommended he play for a DA. Over the years there have been many, many good players in this area, but it is the very select few that make an impact at a DA, Mouloone is one of these players. I've heard he is a starter and the leading scorer on his DA team. A very gifted, talented, hard working and wonderful young man.

Another local player, Ilias Boujlil is on the US National U-16 Futsal team. And like Mouloone is making a huge impact, I believe he is the leading scorer as well. Plays or played for CUP and Ginga, likewise is very, very talented and a great kid.

My boys practiced against him quite a bit last year when the 2 academy teams would work together. They gauged things they did off of what Mouloune did. I am glad that he is getting the chance. He brought it every practice that I watched, really worked hard. When one of your best players does that, it is infectious.