Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Villa 8 Ludlow 2 (34th District)

Featured Replies

Congrats to Villa. I'll let VMABaseball06 post about the game, but again congratulations to Villa in winning their first trip to the 9th Region Baseball Tournament...... Great job by the Villa pitcher, Kyle Herbstreit.

Make that the 34th District game...Sorry!!!!!!

  • Replies 30
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Villa. I'll let VMABaseball06 post about the game, but again congratulations to Villa in winning their first trip to the 9th Region Baseball Tournament...... Great job by the Villa pitcher, Kyle Herbstreit.

Make that the 34th District game...Sorry!!!!!!

 

There's are upset pick....or was it?

  • Author
There's are upset pick....or was it?

 

Now don't get upset BigZig, but I image that when Ludlow moved out of the 35th District into the 34th, they pretty much thought they had a easy trip to the Region every year in Baseball. I for one would have thought that, as Ludlow year in and year out has had some very, very good Baseball teams. Was this a upset? Yes. Was it a surprise to me? No. Ludlow just didn't have the players this season and they are very young, but with York retuning next year, and with some experience, I look for them to return to the Region. Until then Villa is sky high, and they should be with their first ever trip to the Region.....

Now don't get upset BigZig, but I image that when Ludlow moved out of the 35th District into the 34th, they pretty much thought they had a easy trip to the Region every year in Baseball. I for one would have thought that, as Ludlow year in and year out has had some very, very good Baseball teams. Was this a upset? Yes. Was it a surprise to me? No. Ludlow just didn't have the players this season and they are very young, but with York retuning next year, and with some experience, I look for them to return to the Region. Until then Villa is sky high, and they should be with their first ever trip to the Region.....

1st let me congratulate Villa on their victory. Sounds like they played well and they earned it so my hat is off to them. :thumb:

As for the move to the 34th district to say we assumed we would automatically advance to the region would be an insult to Lloyd and Dixie who always have strong baseball programs and also to Villa who is obviously playing very well this year. The Panthers don't walk on the field like some of those teams you support and just think it is their right to move on to the Region. Anyway the last couple years the 35th District really hasn't been to tough for the Panthers now has it. Didn't they advance past your beloved CCH 2 years ago and win the district.:dancingpa Last year they also went to the region.

So spin it anyway you wish oldguy. I know you now think you are some great baseball guru with your upset special but it wasn't to long agoa you were going to Bowling Green to watch your beloved Pandas play hoops now weren't you.:laugh:

After close district losses to Scott 2-1 last year and 6-5 a couple of years ago, Villa finally pulled through. Congrats to the seniors.

Basic recap of the game, Villa played a lot of small ball early in the game to move runners over etc. Herbstreit and York showed down in this one which proved to be a very good matchup. Herbstriet goes the distance giving up 2 Earned Runs and Striking out 9. York for Ludlow pitched 6 strong Innings striking out 9 and giving up 4 earned runs. Big hits of the game came from Villa Madonna Senior Ben Lonneman. He hit a double in the second that tied the game at 1-1 and later hit a single that scored 2 to make the score 4-1.

After close district losses to Scott 2-1 last year and 6-5 a couple of years ago, Villa finally pulled through. Congrats to the seniors.

 

It's been these senior quest to make it to the Regionals. So many close District games the last few years really made these seniors want to get there. They've been so close the last two years and its great to see them finally get what they've worked hard for. Congrats to Rookie Coach Noah Welte, Veteran Coach Dave Meier, and Assistant Coach Scott Ringo on there dedication to coaching this team through the last 4 years and this year!

  • Author
1st let me congratulate Villa on their victory. Sounds like they played well and they earned it so my hat is off to them. :thumb:

As for the move to the 34th district to say we assumed we would automatically advance to the region would be an insult to Lloyd and Dixie who always have strong baseball programs and also to Villa who is obviously playing very well this year. The Panthers don't walk on the field like some of those teams you support and just think it is their right to move on to the Region. Anyway the last couple years the 35th District really hasn't been to tough for the Panthers now has it. Didn't they advance past your beloved CCH 2 years ago and win the district.:dancingpa Last year they also went to the region.

So spin it anyway you wish oldguy. I know you now think you are some great baseball guru with your upset special but it wasn't to long agoa you were going to Bowling Green to watch your beloved Pandas play hoops now weren't you.:laugh:

 

You know BigZig, is that the best you can come up with to try and get my goat, that Ludlow beat CovCath two years ago, and NDA lost in the 9th region finals (of course not to Ludlow btw) ..... I personally will just let Villa enjoy their victory. Sorry Villa fans.....

  • Author
It's been these senior quest to make it to the Regionals. So many close District games the last few years really made these seniors want to get there. They've been so close the last two years and its great to see them finally get what they've worked hard for. Congrats to Rookie Coach Noah Welte, Veteran Coach Dave Meier, and Assistant Coach Scott Ringo on there dedication to coaching this team through the last 4 years and this year!

 

For those not in attendance, it was a very good game won by Villa not only on the mound with Kyle Herbstreit pitching, but with some very good hitting and sound fielding, especially by their first baseman who made a couple of very good scoop pickups of bad throws to help stop Ludlow.... Villa played a very fundamentally sound game, while Ludlow made far too many mental and physical errors. Ludlows fine young pitcher York just couldn't get his curve ball over the plate for a strike today and when the Villa players realized that, they just sat on his fastball.....Both York and Herbstreit if pitching for a higher ranked team in the Region would easily be a number 2 pitcher and possibilly a number 1, and pitching for a possible state berth, both are that good......

 

Enjoyable game, and the Villa fans were as happy as if they had won the State Championship. I personally was very happy for them.... Good job gentlemen.....

For those not in attendance, it was a very good game won by Villa not only on the mound with Kyle Herbstreit pitching, but with some very good hitting and sound fielding, especially by their first baseman who made a couple of very good scoop pickups of bad throws to help stop Ludlow.... Villa played a very fundamentally sound game, while Ludlow made far too many mental and physical errors. Ludlows fine young pitcher York just couldn't get his curve ball over the plate for a strike today and when the Villa players realized that, they just sat on his fastball.....Both York and Herbstreit if pitching for a higher ranked team in the Region would easily be a number 2 pitcher and possibilly a number 1, and pitching for a possible state berth, both are that good......

 

Enjoyable game, and the Villa fans were as happy as if they had won the State Championship. I personally was very happy for them.... Good job gentlemen.....

 

I still say something happened to you on your many trips into Ludlow. You seem to take great pleasure in kicking them whenever they are down. I get accused of being narrow in my thinking but no one can be anymore obvious in who they are pulling for then you. CCH, NDA and whomever is playing Ludlow.

Whatever works for you oldguy...:sleep:

Now don't get upset BigZig, but I image that when Ludlow moved out of the 35th District into the 34th, they pretty much thought they had a easy trip to the Region every year in Baseball. I for one would have thought that, as Ludlow year in and year out has had some very, very good Baseball teams. Was this a upset? Yes. Was it a surprise to me? No. Ludlow just didn't have the players this season and they are very young, but with York retuning next year, and with some experience, I look for them to return to the Region. Until then Villa is sky high, and they should be with their first ever trip to the Region.....

BigZ, I don't think I know either of you (old guy), so maybe there's some history I'm missing...but man, you gotta relax. There's nothing in this that's remotely inflamatory. I mostly read on this thing, and old guy's posts are generally "your basic fan" variety posts. He regularly slams CCH for their ugly play, and he Always has a nice word about others...what's the deal?

OH yeah, Congrats to Villa...and Ludlow will be back in this region very soon!

BigZ, I don't think I know either of you (old guy), so maybe there's some history I'm missing...but man, you gotta relax. There's nothing in this that's remotely inflamatory. I mostly read on this thing, and old guy's posts are generally "your basic fan" variety posts. He regularly slams CCH for their ugly play, and he Always has a nice word about others...what's the deal?

OH yeah, Congrats to Villa...and Ludlow will be back in this region very soon!

 

The deal is 2short that we just enjoy going at each other a bit from time to time. We are from the same neck of the woods and know many of the same people. oldguy is a fine person and nothing but the utmost respect between us..And I'm always very very relaxed.

 

Oh and in each of my posts on this subject I have never failed to congratulate Villa on their victory and I do so once again.

Whew! I was worried for a minute. I thoroughly enjoy all the jabbing and fun on here; I was worried you were losin it. Yes, you do a good job of congratulating consistently. Okay, now....as you were.

Oh and in each of my posts on this subject I have never failed to congratulate Villa on their victory and I do so once again.

 

It was a very good game. I expect Ludlow to play very tough in this Region for the next few years. York is a heck of a competitor and has the potential to be a force for the next few seasons.

Whew! I was worried for a minute. I thoroughly enjoy all the jabbing and fun on here; I was worried you were losin it. Yes, you do a good job of congratulating consistently. Okay, now....as you were.

 

If you asked many on here I lose it on a regular basis but to the many people in the community in which I was born and raised they strongly encourage me to continue to defend the plight of the little school which I do so with vigor..And it is these people that I most care about and how they feel about me. Not much worried with those outside the city limits..:lol:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.