Beechwood 3 Cooper 2

Crosley

It may indeed be a very tough cooper team; but their ranking, and a few of the high profile girls (scholarship types), on this team will be dropping.

Imo, some of these young ladies need to take a long look in the mirror and ask themselves why are they playing? Some of them just don't seem to have any spirit. Almost like they don't want to be playing. I don't get it.

It may indeed be a very tough cooper team; but their ranking, and a few of the high profile girls (scholarship types), on this team will be dropping.

Imo, some of these young ladies need to take a long look in the mirror and ask themselves why are they playing? Some of them just don't seem to have any spirit. Almost like they don't want to be playing. I don't get it.

Cooper looks very uninspired. It's early, but Thursday vs St. Henry is kind of make or break for Cooper's season - not from a win/loss standpoint, but from a "has the coach lost the team" standpoint.

Cooper looks very uninspired. It's early, but Thursday vs St. Henry is kind of make or break for Cooper's season - not from a win/loss standpoint, but from a "has the coach lost the team" standpoint.

Becca has been playing with her hair down the last two games. I haven't seen that the last 2 seasons. Maybe all that needs done is her hair pulled up?

IMO - The coach "lost" that team last year and hasn't been able to get it back. Maybe THEY should take a long look in the mirror and ask themselves why they are coaching? Sometimes the game progresses past the coaches ability and they need to gracefully step down. Sometimes the AD needs to step in and decide if he (or she) likes the direction the program is going. Unfortunately, there are a lot of very young girls caught in the middle of all of that. Makes for a tough season for ALL players.

It almost seems like they hit a plateau and the girls are frustrated that the coaches can't take them to that next level. I feel very sorry for the players involved because I believe that team has a lot of talent and it is sad to watch good players look defeated.

It almost seems like they hit a plateau and the girls are frustrated that the coaches can't take them to that next level. I feel very sorry for the players involved because I believe that team has a lot of talent and it is sad to watch good players look defeated.
Well said!

IMO - The coach "lost" that team last year and hasn't been able to get it back. Maybe THEY should take a long look in the mirror and ask themselves why they are coaching? Sometimes the game progresses past the coaches ability and they need to gracefully step down. Sometimes the AD needs to step in and decide if he (or she) likes the direction the program is going. Unfortunately, there are a lot of very young girls caught in the middle of all of that. Makes for a tough season for ALL players.

You may be right; however, I didn't see the coach hit one ball into the net (happened several times) or watch a ball drop at their feet at the sideline.

I'm not saying its the kids and I'm not saying its the players, I'm not that smart. But something is very wrong.

You may be right; however, I didn't see the coach hit one ball into the net (happened several times) or watch a ball drop at their feet at the sideline.

I'm not saying its the kids and I'm not saying its the players, I'm not that smart. But something is very wrong.

...I meant to type....the kids and I'm not saying this the coaches....

Again, it's all about expectations. Where is the bar set for Cooper Volleyball? I've think there are 4 kinds of programs:

Win - and fun!

Win, but no fun.

Lose, but have fun

Lose, and no fun

Cooper seems to be losing and not having any fun playing. I've seen volleyball teams lose a ton, but they tried their best, have fun playing, and keep trying. Not getting that vibe out of Cooper right now.

But what you don't know and probably never will unless you sit on the bench with them or have a girl on the team, is what is the coach doing or saying to correct, inspire, motivate, teach, develop or just support them? Looking from the outside we can only blame a young girl for her mistakes - but it's so much deeper than that.

If the only solution is to "put her hair up" that's gonna make for a long season for these girls.

Regardless of how Cooper played yesterday, nothing should be taken away from Beechwood and how they played! Coach Prindel has done some great things with that group. Ogle is a beast as a setter and leader on that team! We will be hearing a lot about these girls this year. Congrats to Beechwood!

Regardless of how Cooper played yesterday, nothing should be taken away from Beechwood and how they played! Coach Prindel has done some great things with that group. Ogle is a beast as a setter and leader on that team! We will be hearing a lot about these girls this year. Congrats to Beechwood!

I don't know much about volleyball, but you are correct. Beechwood played well and seemed to make very few mistakes.