Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

State Tournament before 1947

Featured Replies

In discussing the upcoming 9th region display at the Beringer-Crawford Museum, I found out the the current way of getting to the state baketball tournament, distict-regional-state, was created in 1947. What was different before this current format was created, how did teams get to state before 1947? Did they have districts-regionals-sectionals-state, what was the format?

Devou, I thought a CCH boy would know that.

Devou, I thought a CCH boy would know that.

 

That's what I thought, but I didn't know many people came up to go through it. Especially from Pendleton Co. ;)

In doing research I found that the 10th Region as we know it today started it 1932 with the eight team format. I thought the State tourney took their Regional winners from that point on. Before 1932 it was different as Maysville and Paris both played in the State tourney several times.

  • Author

I not only know where it is, but I have been there a couple of times and it is not in my backyard.

 

Anyone have a more definitive answer? There were many more schools at that time, as that was before consolidation kicked in.

My grandfather was a senior on the 1946 Campbell County team that won the 9th Region. I never did recall him or my father talking about a different format back then.

When are they having this 9th Region display??? I'd be interested in seeing it.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.