Owensboro 38 Bowling Green 36 (Middle School)

ddevil

I thought i would pass this along because this was a great game.You have two upstart running backs in Monte Owsley of Owensboro and Vito Tisdale of BG ,both tremendous speedsters.It looks like OHS and BG rivalry will have some great games in the future. Owensboro 7th grade is loaded as they defeated BG 40-0. I know this is only Middle School ,i am excited for the Devils they look like they have some good talent coming up in the future.

The 8th grade game was great. OMS broke out to a 30-14 lead but the Purples would not give up. Vito Tisdale backed up his all world reputation by putting the Purples on his back. Not only did Tisdale score touchdowns but it seems as though he made nearly every tackle for BG. The biggest surprise was the emergence of speedster Monte Owsley for OMS. Both teams traded big plays but in the end OMS held on for the win. This is just one of many classics that these two teams are sure to have in the future.

The big seperation over the last 10-15 years between BG-OHS is at the varsity level. Typically BG and OHS split or its close at the lower levels (middle school, frosh, JV) but when it comes to Friday night, the Purples have been on another level. I think last year was an indication that the scales are getting closer at the varsity level and hopefully OHS can sustain that level of play to actually make it a rivalry again. Right now, it's just BG beating OHS year after year after year after year...........ughhghghg, lol.