Highlands 3 Dixie Heights 0 (scrimmage)

Sir!

When my kids were little and would squabble in the back seat of the car, we'd get them to play a game called "rock" the objective of which was to see who could go the longest without making a noise.

I suggest a game of "rock" on the whole HHS parent-coach rant. If someone breaks down and posts, you can still keep "winning" the game by not posting back or by simply posting back "rock." Let's play!

"When you wrestle with a pig, you both get dirty and the pig likes it." - unattributed.

Edited by Sir!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK people, it's time to get a life. Nothing's going to change. Highlands Girls Soccer is moving forward, and there is nothing that can be done about it. If.... changes were going to be made, they would have been made. The girls are playing good soccer, and they are trying to figure everything out. How is that a problem ? If they {the girls} are ok with the way things are going, what does it matter what the adults think ? For the most part, these girls have forgotten more about soccer than most of the adults will ever know. That said, give it, and them, a break ! Jesus, talk about trying to tear apart a program, because he said.. that she said... that they said.. is a stupid premise. Get over it, and move on ! This group has a ton of potential. Rather than trying to rip it apart, get behind the program. If you can't do that... then you truly have no compassion for what the kids, and coaching staff are trying to accomplish. Life can be bittersweet, but that doesn't mean it has to last a lifetime ! These are kids trying to do their best, and represent their school. How is that a bad thing ? Go Highlands Athletes & Coaches, there are many in the community that support you, and all that you do !

Wow what a great post!

But I will add that a certain poster came out on like the 3rd or 4th post of this thread and kind of threw it in all the faces of people that don't think certain things are being ran correctly with this program.

That's being said, if that poster would of just left the lying dog sleep then we probably wouldn't be talking about this right now. How's it go? Be careful what you wish for. It is unbelievable that this Coach was able to survive the Squabbling parents and the closeful watch of City School taxpayers but Tom Duffy couldn't escape his turmoil when he was in Ft Thomas. And he won! What does this really say about the Girls Soccer Program and how much does the Administration really care.

Maybe there is something else tied to this situation on why he has been retained. The only other thing I can think of is money. Certainly that's not it. Certainly if that's it that someone else could step in and pick up the slack. Please tell me that this coach is not being retained because of money possibly given. My goodness I hope not!

I for one hope the entire program learns from this and moves forward because there are Student Athletes involved and are trying to live out their High School careers without any Squabbling behind the Stands and on a message board.

I'm out

When my kids were little and would squabble in the back seat of the car, we'd get them to play a game called "rock" the objective of which was to see who could go the longest without making a noise.

I suggest a game of "rock" on the whole HHS parent-coach rant. If someone breaks down and posts, you can still keep "winning" the game by not posting back or by simply posting back "rock." Let's play!

"When you wrestle with a pig, you both get dirty and the pig likes it." - unattributed.

SIR.....much betterthan the Rock game my brother and sister played......i still have bruises......

SIR.....much betterthan the Rock game my brother and sister played......i still have bruises......

Ahhh..."punch-buggy" or "slug-a-bug"... remember it well. Never sit on the left of your right-handed older brother.