Two NKY-Based AAU National Champs!

Heard the Ky Royals won the AAU D2 national championship - 8th grade boys! In addition to the NKY Legends winning the 7th grade... That's an amazing showing for nky basketball. Some good players must be coming through the nky schools soon! Congrats to both teams.

Kentucky Royals 14U won the AAU Division 2 national championship. Roster is:

Spencer Macke

Dontaie Allen

Tanner Lawrence

Ty Houston

Blaine Walters

Chad Ohmer

Zach Deatherage

In the state AAU tournament, the roster also included Jack Coldiron, Alex Starkey and Quentin Becker, all of whom were unavailable to play in the national tournament.

• 3 weeks later...
Kentucky Royals 14U won the AAU Division 2 national championship. Roster is:

Spencer Macke

Dontaie Allen

Tanner Lawrence

Ty Houston

Blaine Walters

Chad Ohmer

Zach Deatherage

In the state AAU tournament, the roster also included Jack Coldiron, Alex Starkey and Quentin Becker, all of whom were unavailable to play in the national tournament.

Is this the same Dontaie Allen that goes to Pendleton, and played Ky State D-I with KYWA Magic? Isn't there an AAU rule that basically says a D-II team cannot add a player from the roster of a team that qualified for the D-I Nationals? And, since KYWA Magic won D-I State, and they played in the D-I Nationals, wouldn't he have been ineligible to play with Royals. Again, this assumes that it is the same kid. I don't think there is any special waiver or release for this type of situation.