Class 1A District 6

Ram

Is there a tougher Class 1A district in the state?

District six is a three team district and the Bluegrasspreps' Class 1A Preview has all three teams ranked in the Top 10:

2. Raceland

3. Paintsville

8. Fairview

Definitely difficult, although a less than challenging sister district will assuage some of those difficulties. I think you'll see all three of these teams in the second round and two of them in the regional final.

I agree, the district should be much more difficult. I agree with you that they all should win the first round and see each other again in the subsequent rounds. I fully expect two of District 6 teams to be playing for the Regional Championship.

An added point, even though this is an odd year and District 6 is even, most consider it likely that two District 6 teams will meet in the regional final. That really makes winning the regular season district crown important. By winning the district you'll likely get a second round game with the third best team in the district (and even though they are all ranked, by November the divide could be more apparent) and a regional final at home. That really adds some pressure to those regular season district matchups.

Raceland and Paintsville will pull away and more than likely play for the regional title.

That seems to be the most likely scenario. Depth could be a big issue for Fairview and Paris. However, if Roy has time to throw and gets into a rhythm with Washington, the Eagles could pull an upset or two in the playoffs.