Bengals place Vontaze Burfict on PUP list

Tez should be ready to practice in 2 weeks according to Bengals.com.

Copy and paste that for us.

Marvin just said this in his presser:

“He’s in the middle of his rehab. I mean, that’s where he’s going to be if you ask me that question today, tomorrow, next week. He’s going to be in the middle of his rehab until he’s not in the middle of his rehab. He’s got to just keep working like he’s doing.”

Copy and paste that for us.

Marvin just said this in his presser:

“He’s in the middle of his rehab. I mean, that’s where he’s going to be if you ask me that question today, tomorrow, next week. He’s going to be in the middle of his rehab until he’s not in the middle of his rehab. He’s got to just keep working like he’s doing.”

Friday quick hits: Versatility looming; Lewis, Whit endorsing Dalton; Lewis challenges Little

As the Bengals prepared for their first practice of training camp Friday at 3 p.m. on the Paul Brown Stadium practice fields, their versatility on both sides of the ball should be on display.

With all their offensive weapons in a re-union, look for guys like tight end Tyler Eifert and running backs Giovani Bernard and Rex Burkhead to line up all over the place. And with veteran A.J. Hawk able to line up at both outside backer spots and cornerback Leon Hall nosing around at safety, the defense is also going to be switching around.

Don’t get too excited about that first first-team defensive snap. Defensive coordinator Paul Guenther has pledged he’s going to rotate his backers through. Middle linebacker Rey Maualuga isn’t practicing Friday (“I think I’ll be back in a few days,” he said), so Vincent Rey would figure to line up there. And you could get Hawk at SAM and third-round pick P.J. Dawson at WILL, or Emmanuel Lamur at SAM and Hawk at WILL as WILL backer Vontaze Burfict (knee) figures to miss the first couple of weeks of practice.

Good to hear, I assume he is pretty cool?

Very personable fella.

Everyone of the Bengal players I have ever delivered to have been very personable and generous with their time....except one, Tab Perry. He was not interested in doing ANYTHING (speaking with kids/autographs for charity events).

Believe it or not, Chris Henry & Odell Thurman were by far the most personable, especially when their "posse" wasn't around. I would have to actually end the conversations or they would last for hours.

I have had the pleasure of having 15-20 different Bengal players on my route who are/were very willing to donate their time for events at Holy Trinity grade school and NewCath over the years.

Friday quick hits: Versatility looming; Lewis, Whit endorsing Dalton; Lewis challenges Little

As the Bengals prepared for their first practice of training camp Friday at 3 p.m. on the Paul Brown Stadium practice fields, their versatility on both sides of the ball should be on display.

With all their offensive weapons in a re-union, look for guys like tight end Tyler Eifert and running backs Giovani Bernard and Rex Burkhead to line up all over the place. And with veteran A.J. Hawk able to line up at both outside backer spots and cornerback Leon Hall nosing around at safety, the defense is also going to be switching around.

Don’t get too excited about that first first-team defensive snap. Defensive coordinator Paul Guenther has pledged he’s going to rotate his backers through. Middle linebacker Rey Maualuga isn’t practicing Friday (“I think I’ll be back in a few days,” he said), so Vincent Rey would figure to line up there. And you could get Hawk at SAM and third-round pick P.J. Dawson at WILL, or Emmanuel Lamur at SAM and Hawk at WILL as WILL backer Vontaze Burfict (knee) figures to miss the first couple of weeks of practice.

Thanks

That doesn't seem like to much on update on when he will return. Seem more like him just stating other guys will be working at differnet spots because they know for sure he is out for a few weeks. Didn't seem like they were saying he will be back after that, just that they know for sure he won't be back yet.

I sure do hope he is back in a few weeks though.

• 2 weeks later...