World Series of Poker

Anybody got any friends playing, if so how they doing? I got 2 buddies playing, 1 is doing ok with more chips than he started with and the other no one has heard from him.

Is this the tournament in Vegas with the $565 buy in and $2 million for 1st place? Hope your friends get to the final table.

Is this the tournament in Vegas with the $565 buy in and $2 million for 1st place? Hope your friends get to the final table.

The main event of the WSOP has a buy-in of roughly $12K I believe. Entire final table gets over or close to $1M.

The WSOP itself consists of about 50 events (all with varying buy-ins and payouts) that culminates in the main event.

Main event started Sunday with 3 different days of entries. Ended up being about 6400 entries at 10 grand each. Top 1000 will cash. Start with 30,000 chips. The one friend I spoke to had about 70,000 when they quit last night. It will go on for the next week to 10 days until they get down to last 9 and they will come back in November for the final table.

• 2 weeks later...

This is on my bucket list. I would call myself an "avid" Texas Hold-Em player. Just don't have the bankroll to get in the main event at this time, at 24 years old. Ha! Would love to go one day! Anybody do a 10k loan with 0% financing?