Highlands Inaugural HOF selections

ggclfan

I am putting this in the football forum because more people look at that one than the other HS sports sections. Mods can feel free to move it somewhere else if deemed necessary. HHS just named its inaugural Athletic HOF. To be eligible as an athlete you had to have graduated 20 years or more ago. As a coach you had to have retired 5 years or more ago. Some obvious selections who are not eligible yet based on the criteria are Jaime Walz, Derek Smith, Jared Lorenzen and Dale Mueller.

The selections are: John Burt, Gary Herfel, Chuck Kyle, Dennis McAfee, Loyce Meadows, Tim Racke, Homer Rice, Panny Sarakatsannis, Duke Schneider and Ken Shields.

HHS fans, what do you think? IMO, some were blatantly obvious (Chuck Kyle, Ken Shields, Homer Rice, John Burt). Others may be just as obvious but I am too young to know them. I don't know who was on the selection committee but it sure seems like they went "old" for the inaugural class. I doubt anyone on the list is under 65 and most are well over 70. The committee IMO completely swung and missed by not having Scott Draud on the inaugural list. I am shocked he is not on it. Frankly, the committee should be embarrassed for that omission - I am sure he will be in next year with Jaime Walz (she is eligible next year I believe).