Dish, DirectTV, cable or cut the cord? Advice

barrel

Ok we are getting ready to move. Where we are at now has city cable (it's strange and the only place I've been with it). So my lady and myself are trying to decide which direction we should go. I would cut the cord but that isn't going to happen. Though I am open to arguments I could use. So I've come to you guys for advice. Advise away

If you don't want NFL Sunday Ticket, there's no real reason to get DirecTV over standard cable, IMO. They will all be relatively "cheap" in the first 12 months, and then the price will go up after that. Really a matter of personal preference.

I am probably in a minority but I have been pretty satisfied with Time Warner Cable.

Since they took over from Insight I have more features, faster internet, 2 more movie channels and my bill is $20 cheaper than before. Right now have home phone, 30 internet, and cable with 3 DVR, and HBO, Showtime, Cinemax,Starz, sports pack, and some other pack. For $230 month. A went in was trading out a DVR and they added Cinemax and Starz and upgraded me from 20 internet to 30 and my bill dropped $20 a month. I use Watch ESPN, HBO Go, Max Go, Showtime Anytime, Watch TWc app. Can set my DVR recordings from my phone now, way better than Insight was, and never have outages. I live in Louisville near Iroquois Park, St Mary's hospital.

If it wasn't for Mrs. S, I'd have cut the cord long ago. Can't do that to my Queen, though. I'm looking to move back and forth between cords, now.

Verizon has made me a great offer on FIOS. DirecTV is going out unless they can meet it.