Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2015-16 Region 1

Featured Replies

What is the news? What is this year looking like? Who are the teams to look for this year?

From the talks I've heard over the summer it sounds like it will be the James Boone show in Region 1.

Boone committed to Samford

Murray will be good with several returning seniors. But I'm hearing that since Hornbuckle committed to play football at Duke he may not play basketball now. That could hurt Murray losing their big man.

Paducah will have lots of experience returning also. They will be able to score with anyone.

Top 5

1. Murray

2. Paducah

3. Graves

4. Carlisle

5. up for grabs

I would put Paducah Tilghman slightly ahead of Murray as the favorite. Tilghman and Murray both have a ton of experience and talent. Both could probably play with anyone in the state. I put Tilghman on top because of the two big-time younger kids Reed (soph) and Thomas (fr) that will just keep getting better and better. All reports say Thomas blew up this summer in AAU play and both are D1 talents for sure. This is probably the most talented Tilghman team since the state runner-up over a decade ago.

 

After those two teams it's anyone's guess. Graves has the big kid Vogt back, Carlisle will have a strong class of seniors, McCracken will be better than people expect I think and Marshall County is Marshall County. But in the end the game to get to Rupp will most likely come down to Tilghman against Murray at some point in the Regional tournament.

I agree Tilghman I think is just getting started and Murray is at their peak. Both are very good. I think the 1st region is stronger this year than it has been the past few years. Carlisle will be tough, I haven't seen the Vogt kid play but he has what you can't teach,size, I pick Tilghman to win the region and depending on which region the 1st draws they have a chance to make a run in the sweet 16. I think they'll lose quite a bit after this year but they'll continue to be a top team in the region for the next few years.

My preseason ranking would be

1.Paducah Tilghman

2.Murray

3.Carlisle county

4.Graves/Marshall

6.McCracken county

Getting close to season starting...

"Try-outs" are today. Let the round ball begin!!!

Murray will go as far as Boone can take them. Tilghman probably has the best team. Several teams have senior leadership so should be an exciting year the first Region.

From an outsider, I can see Paducah Tilghman and Murray both being potentially top 25 teams in the state, with Murray having a solid chance to win the All-A State title.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.