Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pendleton County names Head Coach

Featured Replies

Paige Bowling was announced as the new Girl's Basketball Head Coach at Pendleton County. Bowling was an assistant the past 2 seasons at PCHS and teaches at the High School. Looking forward to watching Coach Bowling build her program!

Good hire by PC. Familiar with the team and program. How should they be in that district next season with what they have returning?

  • Author
Good hire by PC. Familiar with the team and program. How should they be in that district next season with what they have returning?

 

IMO, It's between PC and HC for the district. Robertson loses Mitchell and I believe some others, and Nicholas loses Bretz and some others.

Congrats to Paige. One of my favorites out there. Great demeanor, will work well with the girls. Good luck to her in her new endeavor.

Did she go to school at Campbell Co?

 

Yes. Assistant a couple years at CCHS and moved on to PCHS. Recently back to school to get teaching certificate. Good hire for PCHS

Yes. Assistant a couple years at CCHS and moved on to PCHS. Recently back to school to get teaching certificate. Good hire for PCHS

 

Some PC faithful may not agree with the bolded. At least according to Twitter PC fans figured it was Patrick Kelsch's job to turn down. Personally I dont know Coach Bowling so I cant say one way or the other. Good luck to her and the Lady Cats hope they have many succesful seasons together. :thumb:

Some PC faithful may not agree with the bolded. At least according to Twitter PC fans figured it was Patrick Kelsch's job to turn down. Personally I dont know Coach Bowling so I cant say one way or the other. Good luck to her and the Lady Cats hope they have many succesful seasons together. :thumb:

 

Did PK apply for this job ? That would have been an interesting hire for that environment...

 

I would be curious about the candidate pool overall. Paige is young, no head coaching experience and lots to work with there, but a great role model for the young women of PCHS. I guess it's what priorities are at the time of hire.

Good hire! The lady's of PC have great respect for her and will have that familiarity. She also knows the game.

 

Repeat a point I made in the Cox thread, I think sometimes get hung up too much on experience. There are some great coaches out there available in the region with great success who would have done a great job but the next great is always out there waiting to be given a chance. Coach Bowling may be that, time will tell.

Good hire! The lady's of PC have great respect for her and will have that familiarity. She also knows the game.

 

Repeat a point I made in the Cox thread, I think sometimes get hung up too much on experience. There are some great coaches out there available in the region with great success who would have done a great job but the next great is always out there waiting to be given a chance. Coach Bowling may be that, time will tell.

 

Agree.

 

For some reason this post reminds me of a LONG thought about recent coaching changes in the 39th district, boys and girls, and the chatter on here and elsewhere.

 

It seems when a new coach is hired at a school and he or she is yet to establish a win/loss record(I.E.- Buddy Biggs at Mason), there seems to be great emphasis put on how a coach is going to interact and treat the players, how they are going to receive, said coach, whether they are going to teach the student -athletes respect (how to give and receive),

whether the the kids will "like" the coaches system, is the coach of good character and just be an overall good role model and mentor.(Which, by the way, I think, all are of great importance.)

 

YET, when coaches at schools that have established win/loss records, part ways(I.E.- Mason Cos girls coach and Bracken Cos girls coach)with one another, before anyone has facts or has anyway of knowing whether the aforementioned attributes exist, they want to throw all caution to the wind and bash administration for getting rid of coaches simply because they had a positive win/loss record. In other words, again, if the aforementioned attributes are important before there was a win/loss record, then they are important after there is a win/loss record.

You might be on to something there Opie

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.