Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Emerging Players

Featured Replies

As we near the end of the 2015 baseball season, who are some players in your opinion who really flew under the radar? Which players started to make a name for themselves?

 

Looking to hear about players who were not really talked about in preseason threads, more looking for players who came into the season unknown by most but stepped it up.

I think I was the first one(and maybe only) to mention Cam Pitzer in the preseason threads. Not a lot of talk since he played JV as a soph and couldn't pitch due to recovering from an injury. Coach Michels told me last year that Cam would have been his JV ace had it not been for the injury.

 

Pitching AND hitting well for the Colonels in his first varsity season.

T.C Eads and Tyler Lyons of ludlow have been great and a big reason for there success. Hayes and Grainger of Bellevue have been huge for their success, and are great players. Jared Seibert of Holy cross is pitching great, and his pitching came in very under rated. I also think Martin from Highlands has been tremendous and came into the season very under rated.

  • Author

T.C Eads and Lyons were great against the Scott Eagles in the game I got to catch the other night. But on the Scott side two players that got my attention that i never heard of was the relief pitcher Jake Tusateri (spelling?) and Zack Mann. Tusateri had great stuff on the mound if I remember correctly he only gave up 1 hit in 4 1/3 innings of work as well as striking out 8. He's a nice lefty with lots of movement on all his pitches. He also had a double to lead off the bottom of the 8th. Zack Mann seems like a great hitter. He was down 0-2 and managed to hit a nice ball up the middle to score the winning run for the Eagles.

 

This was the first time I got to see either team, though I have heard a lot of great things from both teams. These 4 players definitely were players i haven't heard really anything about and they stole the show.

 

BTW if you haven't had the chance to see a game at Scott I highly recommend you do, the announcer was absolutely hilarious from his side comments to the great sound effects and music!

Ludlow has 4 kids that are tearing it up this season:

 

Lyons batting .481

Durham batting .471

Slone batting .431

Eads batting .397

 

If the Panthers had deeper pitching, more consistent outfield play and more consistent hitting at the bottom of their batting order... They really could make some noise in the post season.

Also, the kid from Scott is Jake Pusateri.... Great kid.

 

Pronounced: poos-ah-terry

  • Author
Also, the kid from Scott is Jake Pusateri.... Great kid.

 

Pronounced: poos-ah-terry

 

My mistake on the spelling. I did forget to mention, Evan Slone is one hell of a shortstop! He made a few really nice plays out there the other day.

Ohio County's freshman, left-hander BLAINE GILLIM. The kid is the real deal.

 

38 k in 19 IP

82-85 velocity

Excellent movement with sink

Nasty breaking ball

 

Dominating in every outing. He is no secret in this part of the state....as a 7th grader pitched in the regional semifinals....Also plays CF and 1B....Has gap power to both fields at the plate. The kid is no doubt one of the best around now and for years to come.

Possibly an overlooked Ohio Co player.....senior NATE MORRIS....OF skills and shows promise....does everything well. Smart player with enough game to play at the next level...not finished developing and improving

Just found out that Ludlow's Evan Slone has been invited by the Washington Nationals to tryout for their Area Code future prospect team.

 

I'm pretty sure that Beechwood's Slusher and Stringer did this last season.

 

Anyone know if any other kids in NKY have been invited to this? Sounds like a really cool event. I'd love to see several kids from this region get an invite, lots of young talent.

Ludlow has 4 kids that are tearing it up this season:

 

Lyons batting .481

Durham batting .471

Slone batting .431

Eads batting .397

 

If the Panthers had deeper pitching, more consistent outfield play and more consistent hitting at the bottom of their batting order... They really could make some noise in the post season.

 

A Lot of IFs

A Lot of IFs

Exactly. Which is why I wasn't willing to overlook St Henry at the beginning of the season as many others were... Now we see, St Henry has the number one seed.

Jake Ohmer is the real deal. He didn't get a ton of pub last year, so I will call him emerging. Great athlete and is finally getting some size. Has the arm strength and pop to play at next level. I would think his first love is hoops, but along with Jake Whitford is the best SS in NKy and just a sophomore. He is another example of a kid playing up a grade or two all his life. Paying off now.

Jake Ohmer is the real deal. He didn't get a ton of pub last year, so I will call him emerging. Great athlete and is finally getting some size. Has the arm strength and pop to play at next level. I would think his first love is hoops, but along with Jake Whitford is the best SS in NKy and just a sophomore. He is another example of a kid playing up a grade or two all his life. Paying off now.

Excellent player, but I do hear he's more into hoops... Time will tell if chooses one over the other.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.