Derryck Thornton to Duke and reclassifies to 2015

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Duke also had a senior and two Juniors that played significant minutes. Those juniors will become seniors. Big difference. Cal should actually take notes. You need a Darius Miller or two in the lineup. Leadership matters.

Oh crap, here comes some facts into the scenario to muddy things up.

Duke also had a senior and two Juniors that played significant minutes. Those juniors will become seniors. Big difference. Cal should actually take notes. You need a Darius Miller or two in the lineup. Leadership matters.

Had plenty of that this year. Poy getting hurt was a big blow just like WCS last year.

Sarcasm where? You know he was dead serious as were the many UK fans on Twitter and Facebook that have been whining about it since Duke cut down the nets. See: Wireman.

Makes no sense. If someone said Duke was ruining college basketball I couldnt care less. If Bob Knight got up on his soapbox and said Coach K was making college basketball into a mockery I would laugh and shrug it off.

Boggles my mind that if UK does something, it's awful. Duke does the same thing and it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Duke won the title with OAD's but there wasn't any uproar about it. The entire season a group of national TV folks perpetuated the myth that UK was a OAD school and this years team couldn't win because of it.

If UK does it= bad.

Duke does it= good.

drives me CRAZY.

UK forces kids to reclassify?

The "one and done" talk became a negative moniker for UK, basically because UK is so darn good at recruiting. Somebody is getting these kids. The media always tries to establish a good vs. evil. Nothing new. The only ones that make me chuckle are the coaches that act as if they would never recruit an Anthony Davis type.

The media spins things the way they want whether its right or wrong. They don't have to account for anything. Coach Cal has to wear the black hat and coach K gets to wear the white hat because he has never done anything wrong in his entire life according to them.

The media spins things the way they want whether its right or wrong. They don't have to account for anything. Coach Cal has to wear the black hat and coach K gets to wear the white hat because he has never done anything wrong in his entire life according to them.

Yeah let's all get in an uproar about Bob Knight, Pat Forde, Pete Thamel and Jeff Goodman. We'll ignore Jay Bilas, Jay Williams, Dick Vitale and the countless others who have heaped tons of credit and praise to Calipari for being master recruiter and great coach. IMO the only beef UK fans should have with anyone is the USWA for not making Coach Cal the Coach of the Year. Cal should have been the unanimous choice for COY amongst all awards.

What I don't get is people claim Knight, Forde, Thamel, and Goodman (among others) are idiots, so why do they get up in arms when they say ridiculous things? If they're idiots like people claim, wouldn't that just be the norm for them, and something that you would ignore?

What I don't get is people claim Knight, Forde, Thamel, and Goodman (among others) are idiots, so why do they get up in arms when they say ridiculous things? If they're idiots like people claim, wouldn't that just be the norm for them, and something that you would ignore?

True.

In the interest of fairness, a lot of these folks carry clout in the industry, so perception can become reality if they do have an agenda. Nothing new with media types though. You take the good with the bad.

True.

In the interest of fairness, a lot of these folks carry clout in the industry, so perception can become reality if they do have an agenda. Nothing new with media types though. You take the good with the bad.

I don't know of a single person who takes any of those 4 seriously with regards to college basketball. They're all irrelevant.

I don't know of a single person who takes any of those 4 seriously with regards to college basketball. They're all irrelevant.

When any of them say anything I expect there to be some shade thrown at UK and then I can't listen to them anymore. As great as UK and Calipari have been since Cal took over I am more and more amazed that anyone would take anything those haters say with a grain of salt.

In KY? Maybe. But these guys are national folks, not local jack-legs. They've obviously done something right to ascend to where they have. To say they are irrelevant is false.

When any of them say anything I expect there to be some shade thrown at UK and then I can't listen to them anymore. As great as UK and Calipari have been since Cal took over I am more and more amazed that anyone would take anything those haters say with a grain of salt.

Most of the time they are prodding the bear to get a reaction, which is part of their job. That part of the industry has grown tiresome when it spills over to self promotion. But it is a different age in journalism. They become just as guilty as those who "attack" them. But yes, all UK fans must take it with a grain of salt.