Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cameron Payne Leaning Towards NBA Draft

Featured Replies

Tough blow for Murray State if he leaves.

 

I personally think he's a year away from being ready but I understand if he feels the need to go now.

Projected as the 3rd best PG (by some) in the class and some feel he could climb up to the mid-first round. I want him to stay but I understand the decision to leave.

Hate it but love it at the same time.

  • Author

"He's ready!!!" - Every other coach in the OVC

Made it official today. Damn.

 

Since no player has ever declared early from Murray State, it is difficult to judge him on where he ranks all time on the Racers' list of greatest players. The biggest demerit to his name is that he did not win the OVC tournament in either of his two seasons. It is hard to hold either of those against him. He did have post-season success in being named MVP of the CIT tournament and made it to the third round of the NIT. The first comparison people make is with Isiah Canaan. Besides being physically more stout and a better spot-up shooter (by the narrowest of margins), Payne was better at every facet of the game. Canaan did have two NCAA tournament wins. Payne is the best going back to Popeye Jones, imo. I hate he didn't get to display his talents on a national stage more than he did.

With UC possibly adding a game with Murray St next season, I was really hoping to see him stay.

Never thought I would see the day that a Murray State Racer would declare for the draft as a Sophomore.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.