Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ben Howland to Mississippi State?

Featured Replies

Multiple reports say Ben Howland and Mississippi State are finalizing a deal.

 

I got a text this morning that said Korey McCray will be one of his assistants.

 

If the deal gets done, that's a pretty nice hire for MSU.

Starkville is not Pittsburgh or LA. He will have a much harder time there recruiting top notch players. It's definitely a good hire but I'm not sure if he will be able to recreate his runs at UCLA.

I'm not sure why he'd pick them over DePaul to be honest. Wonder what kinda jack they're throwing around? I know DePaul paid Purnell almost $2M per.

  • Author

@HailState_Logo · 41s42 seconds ago

Ben Howland is expected to be announced our new @HailStateMBK coach, per multiple reports. #HailState

I'm not sure why he'd pick them over DePaul to be honest. Wonder what kinda jack they're throwing around? I know DePaul paid Purnell almost $2M per.

As I said in the other thread, Prohm was reportedly offered $1.5 million a few years back. Howland has just as much or more cache I would say.

I'm not sure why he'd pick them over DePaul to be honest. Wonder what kinda jack they're throwing around? I know DePaul paid Purnell almost $2M per.

 

How much did DePaul buy out Purnell for? They might not have that kind of money to put toward a new coach. Mississippi State is a tough location, but they have tons of SEC television money and a pretty solid recruiting base. Plus the SEC isn't exactly a dominant league; Mississippi State was near the top not long ago and could easy get back there with the right hire.

 

Down side: Have to live in Starkville!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.