Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elizabethtown 66 Nelson County 38

Featured Replies

Erin Boley had 23 points, 13 boards and 4 steals for E'town. The Panthers have too much firepower and I don't see them getting beat this year. They may be the best girls' team I've ever seen.

 

Shyla Calbert scored 26 of Nelson's 38 points. Nelson County has been eliminated by the eventual 5th Region champ seven of the past 10 years during coach Kelly Wood's tenure.

I think they are the first to qualify for the show, congrats!

I think they are the first to qualify for the show, congrats!

 

Kind of surprised there were no other girls' finals last night.

They may be the best girls' team I've ever seen.

 

Marion County 2 years ago was the best I ever seen, hands down. This team is good no doubt. I thought last night, they didn't use their size in the half court. I KNOW this will be emphasized Monday at practice, as Nelson had no one over 5'10 that could stop them.

How about the play of the guard for Nelson, what a performance! She put the team on her quite small frame and IMO, was player of the game. Lastly, a shout out to Coach Woods, look at that team he put on floor, and no one thought they would be in the finals, what a great job he did with all those soccer kids. My all time favorite Etown/Nelson game was down at Hart Co with a Samantha Drake led team losing in the final seconds to a undermanned Etown team.

You think this team is better than the Marion County team with MaKayla Epps and Kyvin Goodin -Rogers?

Congrats to Coach Mudd and the Panthers. Also, congrats to Erin Boley, great kid from a great family.

Marion County 2 years ago was the best I ever seen, hands down. This team is good no doubt. I thought last night, they didn't use their size in the half court. I KNOW this will be emphasized Monday at practice, as Nelson had no one over 5'10 that could stop them.

How about the play of the guard for Nelson, what a performance! She put the team on her quite small frame and IMO, was player of the game. Lastly, a shout out to Coach Woods, look at that team he put on floor, and no one thought they would be in the finals, what a great job he did with all those soccer kids. My all time favorite Etown/Nelson game was down at Hart Co with a Samantha Drake led team losing in the final seconds to a undermanned Etown team.

 

That was a great game. NC should've won that one but couldn't get it done on the final plays.

 

Shyla Calbert from NC was fantastic in the finals Saturday — 11-for-24 from the field, 4-for 9 on threes. If she gets any kind of help, who knows what happens?

 

To the larger point, Marion Co. had three D-I players in their prime. E'town has five — possibly six with Stinson. That's the math I'm working with when I say the Panthers are better than the Knights were. Plus, Mudd can coach circles around Milby eight days a week.

 

Also, from a strategic standpoint, there's nothing Marion could do that E'town can't, and E'town can do it better.

 

I will say this, however, Mudd is begging for somebody to hurt his starters by leaving them in way too long in blowouts. He's been doing this for years and has somehow dodged the bullet.

There were 12 games at least this year that Boley and at least 2 other starters saw no time in the fourth quarter and limited time in the second and third quarters. Granted, those were terrible blowouts and you probably had no interest in seeing them play those opponents. These kids work hard and its tournament time. I see nothing wrong with letting them have a little more time.

That was a great game. NC should've won that one but couldn't get it done on the final plays.

 

Shyla Calbert from NC was fantastic in the finals Saturday — 11-for-24 from the field, 4-for 9 on threes. If she gets any kind of help, who knows what happens?

 

To the larger point, Marion Co. had three D-I players in their prime. E'town has five — possibly six with Stinson. That's the math I'm working with when I say the Panthers are better than the Knights were. Plus, Mudd can coach circles around Milby eight days a week.

 

Also, from a strategic standpoint, there's nothing Marion could do that E'town can't, and E'town can do it better.

 

I will say this, however, Mudd is begging for somebody to hurt his starters by leaving them in way too long in blowouts. He's been doing this for years and has somehow dodged the bullet.

"NC should've won that one but couldn't get it done on the final plays."???.......NC was down by 12 at the half. E-Town came out in the 3rd Quarter and put a 16-5 run on NC to end that quarter. Final score was a blowout. The only moment that the NC fans had to cheer about is when NC started the game 4-0. They were all to quite after that. Not to take anything away from NC, but even with them firing on all cylinders, they are/were hardly the team to take down E-Town! I do agree with you on Miss Calbert....she was phenomenal!! Very bright future for her!

I think the two teams (Marion of 2 years ago) and Etown (now) are in the same class. If they could play each other, it would probably be a great game.

"NC should've won that one but couldn't get it done on the final plays."???.......NC was down by 12 at the half. E-Town came out in the 3rd Quarter and put a 16-5 run on NC to end that quarter. Final score was a blowout. The only moment that the NC fans had to cheer about is when NC started the game 4-0. They were all to quite after that. Not to take anything away from NC, but even with them firing on all cylinders, they are/were hardly the team to take down E-Town! I do agree with you on Miss Calbert....she was phenomenal!! Very bright future for her!

 

Did you even look at the post I quoted? We were discussing the 2010 region semis at Hart Co., where E'town beat NC 52-51.

I did some research on this. Milby is all time 7-4 vs Mudd and one of those losses came from a 5-22 Caverna team he inherited. Both are great coaches but the numbers dont back up your statements Jim. I guess the hurt for you comes from all those whippings Marion put on Nelson. Bad whippings too.

I did some research on this. Milby is all time 7-4 vs Mudd and one of those losses came from a 5-22 Caverna team he inherited. Both are great coaches but the numbers dont back up your statements Jim. I guess the hurt for you comes from all those whippings Marion put on Nelson. Bad whippings too.

 

Doesn't affect me one way or another. I simply call them like I see them.

Did you even look at the post I quoted? We were discussing the 2010 region semis at Hart Co., where E'town beat NC 52-51.

Apologies, I did not see the post that you were replying to.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.