Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Grayson Allen

Featured Replies

Was glad for him last night. The kid can play and why he has seen walk on minutes until Sulaimon was dismissed is a mystery. He never was given a chance to build his confidence in the early season until thrown into a national televised game against St.John's. They need him to make a run. I would almost bet he never sees the court much the rest of the season. K always loves his starting 5 a whole game, every game. It took injuries for him to even see time last night.

Was watching the game, loved the Crazies chant. Kid had 19 at half time, Wake Forest only scored 15. They were chanting Grayson's Winning :lol2:

Will be interesting to see next year. They will have him, Matt Jones and Luke Kennard all there.

I think you are overrating Grayson's talent. He's not a one and done player. He's a 3-4 year player and should be treated as such. I wouldn't play him that much either based on what I've seen and seeing how Coach K has seen him play everyday since August I imagine he knows more about Grayson's ability than any of us. Wake Forest sucks. Glad he set a career high last night but I'm hoping he's a 4 year player who becomes one of Duke's most beloved players rather than throw him to the wolves this year when he isn't ready.

I think you are overrating Grayson's talent. He's not a one and done player. He's a 3-4 year player and should be treated as such. I wouldn't play him that much either based on what I've seen and seeing how Coach K has seen him play everyday since August I imagine he knows more about Grayson's ability than any of us. Wake Forest sucks. Glad he set a career high last night but I'm hoping he's a 4 year player who becomes one of Duke's most beloved players rather than throw him to the wolves this year when he isn't ready.

 

Will Kennard be a 4 year player? Any idea on that? I was thinking of those 2 for a couple years playing together.

Will Kennard be a 4 year player? Any idea on that? I was thinking of those 2 for a couple years playing together.

 

I'm not sure. I'm thinking at least a two year player but it's too hard to say until we see him play next year.

I'm not sure. I'm thinking at least a two year player but it's too hard to say until we see him play next year.

 

Where's Goldie when you need her?

  • Author

Does anyone agree with me that Allen hardly sees the floor the rest of the year? If I was Kennard I would take a long look at this. If you not starting at Duke you are not playing, K has never had a platoon system. If he happens to recruit a couple of more athletic one and done's before next season, Kennard and Allen may not see the floor next season. Only going by YouTube and the McD's All Star game(where Allen won dunk and 3 point contest), but Kennard is not any better than Allen at this point. Kennard a 2 year player, please

  • Author
I think you are overrating Grayson's talent. He's not a one and done player. He's a 3-4 year player and should be treated as such. I wouldn't play him that much either based on what I've seen and seeing how Coach K has seen him play everyday since August I imagine he knows more about Grayson's ability than any of us. Wake Forest sucks. Glad he set a career high last night but I'm hoping he's a 4 year player who becomes one of Duke's most beloved players rather than throw him to the wolves this year when he isn't ready.

 

God no, have never hinted at or ever said that, but JJ Redick-type talent(I think so), if he had been given a chance. He at least proved himself somewhat at McD game and events. I don't get all the Kennard love just yet, does anyone have any video of him playing a really good team athletic team outside of Ohio. The videos I have seen of him looks like he is playing the high school version of the Washington Generals. Don't get me wrong I hope he is what everyone says he is, but I also hope he starts from day one if he is. I thought thru video that Allen was also

God no, have never hinted at or ever said that, but JJ Redick-type talent(I think so), if he had been given a chance. He at least proved himself somewhat at McD game and events. I don't get all the Kennard love just yet, does anyone have any video of him playing a really good team athletic team outside of Ohio. The videos I have seen of him looks like he is playing the high school version of the Washington Generals. Don't get me wrong I hope he is what everyone says he is, but I also hope he starts from day one if he is. I thought thru video that Allen was also

 

I saw Kennard play on streaming video in the same tournament Knott Central was in this December. He was better than I thought he would be. He was truly one of the most unstoppable high school players I've seen. That may or may not translate into the college game but if he were in Kentucky he would be putting up Ervin Stepp type numbers.

 

In that tournament he scored 52,39,39 and 17. In all fairness though in the championship game they played Bishop Gorman which is one of the top teams in the county and getting to the rack against that team with Zimmerman and Jeter is impossible as well as all the other players on that team.

God no, have never hinted at or ever said that, but JJ Redick-type talent(I think so), if he had been given a chance. He at least proved himself somewhat at McD game and events. I don't get all the Kennard love just yet, does anyone have any video of him playing a really good team athletic team outside of Ohio. The videos I have seen of him looks like he is playing the high school version of the Washington Generals. Don't get me wrong I hope he is what everyone says he is, but I also hope he starts from day one if he is. I thought thru video that Allen was also

 

Just checking. I know you have mentioned Grayson Allen before and wondered where this thread was headed. I like Grayson a ton but I think this year has proven to me that he's going to be around for a while and I love that. I don't think he is a JJ Redick type of talent as JJ played a ton during his freshman year but I do think that Grayson should have a productive and successful career at Duke.

 

I'm with you on Luke Kennard. We won't find out how good he is until next year. At the same time he chose between Duke and UK and Cal is more picky than K when it comes to scholarship offers so there is something there that everyone sees. I'm looking forward to Chase Jeter as well.

Where's Goldie when you need her?

 

I am here. I think one of the things that impressed Duke with Luke was he didn't have to be a one and done. Took some pressure off if he didn't "Adjust" to the college game right away. I can see Luke staying at Duke for 4 years.

I am here. I think one of the things that impressed Duke with Luke was he didn't have to be a one and done. Took some pressure off if he didn't "Adjust" to the college game right away. I can see Luke staying at Duke for 4 years.

 

Told my buddy who is a UNC fan that his next "hated" Duke player will be Kennard. Hope I'm right :lol2:

Told my buddy who is a UNC fan that his next "hated" Duke player will be Kennard. Hope I'm right :lol2:
It may take a year or two. I can see Grayson Allen starting next year and Luke coming off the bench or they could use Luke as a small forward. Depends if who goes pro this year. Luke will have to improve on defense for the college level as most players do coming out of high school.
  • Author
Told my buddy who is a UNC fan that his next "hated" Duke player will be Kennard. Hope I'm right :lol2:

 

That's your first sign that you have made it at Duke, the hated white guy(Wojo,Laettner,Redick,Hurley and on and on), Allen and Kennard both need to get more fire and cockiness from the looks of it to get there

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.