Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

12th Region Tournament Preview

Featured Replies

Hearing first round on Friday and Saturday, semifinals on Monday and championship on Tuesday. That what you're hearing PP?

 

Yes. That is how it will be played. Operation Beluga Whale is in full effect. The Boys are Friday and Saturday evening. The Girls semis begin Saturday at Noon and the Girls finals are Sunday at 3:00pm. The Boys semis are still scheduled for Monday and Tuesday.

  • Replies 40
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's my thoughts for Southwestern and Mercer County. They are both good enough to win it this year but it's a tall task to ask either team to defeat each other.....then Lincoln County at home and then Wayne/Boyle County.

 

Next year Mercer County/Southwestern is liable to be the 12th Region finals match up. This year is not their year.

I was just going off what you said. You had Boyle co already winning. I didn't mean any disrepect.
I was just going off what you said. You had Boyle co already winning. I didn't mean any disrepect.

 

IMO the top 3 teams to beat are Wayne County, Lincoln County and Boyle County. As a Boyle County fan I am obviously going to pick Boyle County to win. The same way Lincoln County fans pick Lincoln County to win. The same way Wayne County fans pick Wayne County to win. The same way Mercer County fans pick them to win. The same way Southwestern fans pick them to win. I don't think anyone is overlooking anyone. At the same time I think that if Wayne County loses to West Jessamine and Boyle County loses to Pulaski County the overwhelming majority of fans will call those wins huge upsets.

It is interesting that, because of the snow mostly, the only 1st round match-ups that played each other during the regular season is Wayne/West. Maybe some mad scrambling for game film this week.

 

I fill that since Lincoln is at home and they received a better draw, it is there's to lose. But I will not be surprised if its another team is crowned as champs.

 

I personally think that Pulaski has the toughest road ahead, Boyle and than they would get either Wayne or West just to make it to the finals. But I do believe that Pulaski is playing better right now than they have all season so Boyle will have to play well to advance.

 

I am intrigued by the Mercer/Southwestern matchups but I think SWHS is capable of winning at least one big game, they have beat some pretty good teams this year in KCC, Hoptown, and Wayne early on. I just don't seem them coming together to win 3 big games.

 

Wayne County is hot, as you all stated, but I have a difficult believing that they stay out of foul trouble in this tournament. They simply don't have the bench to win a if a starter goes out.

 

Monday night will be a ton of fun and a lot of excitement. I think we will see a rematch of the 45th, Lincoln and Boyle on Tuesday night.

It is interesting that, because of the snow mostly, the only 1st round match-ups that played each other during the regular season is Wayne/West. Maybe some mad scrambling for game film this week.

 

I fill that since Lincoln is at home and they received a better draw, it is there's to lose. But I will not be surprised if its another team is crowned as champs.

 

I personally think that Pulaski has the toughest road ahead, Boyle and than they would get either Wayne or West just to make it to the finals. But I do believe that Pulaski is playing better right now than they have all season so Boyle will have to play well to advance.

 

I am intrigued by the Mercer/Southwestern matchups but I think SWHS is capable of winning at least one big game, they have beat some pretty good teams this year in KCC, Hoptown, and Wayne early on. I just don't seem them coming together to win 3 big games.

 

Wayne County is hot, as you all stated, but I have a difficult believing that they stay out of foul trouble in this tournament. They simply don't have the bench to win a if a starter goes out.

 

Monday night will be a ton of fun and a lot of excitement. I think we will see a rematch of the 45th, Lincoln and Boyle on Tuesday night.

 

Boyle County defeated Pulaski County 67-49 in the regular season. The game was closer than the score indicates.

  • Author

The dates have officially changed on KHSAA website.

 

 

 

Friday, March 6th:

 

6:00 Wayne County vs West Jessamine

 

7:45 Pulaski County vs Boyle County

 

 

Saturday, March 7th:

 

6:00 Mercer County vs Southwestern

 

7:45 Lincoln County vs Casey County

 

 

Monday, March 9th:

 

6:00 Semifinals

 

7:45 Semifinals

 

 

Tuesday, March 10th:

 

7:00 Championship Game

I think Wayne done pretty well when their starters went out against SW in the district. If you recall Woods fouled out midway through the 3rd and Gillespie was out trying to get the cut to the forehead taken care of. He returned in the 4th to only play a couple of minutes and then took a seat on the bench with Woods. I'm thinking their bench done a pretty good job in that environment. I'll be surprised if any of the games in the upcoming 12th region get as explosive as the 48th district championship. Unless we see these 2 go at it again ::banana:

Wayne done a heck of a job when those kids went out. Blevins hit 2 or 3 3's from deep during SW run that sealed it. SW had cut it to 5 with 3 to go I think and blevins hit a dagger from 25 ft with defense hanging all over him. Just a clutch shot! Stearns did a great job too. The bench players did what they needed to do to get the win. Woods foul trouble def helped SW in this one but SW having 3 starters on bench in first 3 min of game hurt them too. Would love to see one more game between these two.

Wayne is the better team to me. jmo Wayne to me wins 7 out of 10 if they play on neutral court but there aint a huge difference in the two. A missed or made shot here or there swings the game either way.

All four games might be moved to Saturday. They are expected to decide on that this afternoon.

All four games might be moved to Saturday. They are expected to decide on that this afternoon.

 

I'd be fine with that too. :thumb:

I was told it is official. Games will be played Saturday now.

 

Wayne County/West Jessamine-1:00pm

 

Boyle County/Pukaski County-3:00pm

 

Clear the gym-gate opens at 5:30pm

 

Mercer County/Southwestern-6:30pm

 

followed by:

 

Lincoln County/Casey County

Wayne done a heck of a job when those kids went out. Blevins hit 2 or 3 3's from deep during SW run that sealed it. SW had cut it to 5 with 3 to go I think and blevins hit a dagger from 25 ft with defense hanging all over him. Just a clutch shot! Stearns did a great job too. The bench players did what they needed to do to get the win. Woods foul trouble def helped SW in this one but SW having 3 starters on bench in first 3 min of game hurt them too. Would love to see one more game between these two.

 

Those kids can flat out play. They are a fun group to watch.

  • Author

New game dates and time per the KHSAA website:

 

 

Saturday, March 7th:

 

1:00 Wayne County vs West Jessamine

 

3:00 Pulaski County vs Boyle County

 

6:30 Mercer County vs Southwestern

 

8:00 Lincoln County vs Casey County

 

 

Monday, March 9th:

 

6:00 Semifinals

 

7:45 Semifinals

 

 

Tuesday, March 10th:

 

7:00 Championship Game

  • Author

As PP92 said, on Saturday the gym will be cleared after the 3:00 game is over and the gates will open again at 5:30

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.