Russell 12 Ryle 5

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't present at any of these games. But a lose is a lose. Both teams played about the same about of games.

And Ryle lost every single one of there games so obviously this wasn't the first OFF day.

So I guess unranked Dixie is a better club then your Cov Cath club. Surely you didn't have 2 off games.

Ryle is not playing well right now. Congrats to Russell on the good come-from-behind victory. Hopefully, we get to playing the way we can soon.

Thats more like it RB. Sometimes the other team just has a better day. Good to see no excuses.

So I guess unranked Dixie is a better club then your Cov Cath club. Surely you didn't have 2 off games.

Maybe they did, because Dixie wasn't spposed to be any good, remember Diamond Dynasty? I believe this was one of your post.

NOTHING INTIMIDATING ABOUT DIXIE.....I ONLY SEE 12 GAMES POSTED ON BGP......THEY MAY WIN ONE OF THOSE (BELEVUE)

I RESEVE THE RIGHT TO REVISE THIS PREDICTION ONCE I SEE THE WHOLE SCHEDULE

And as for your soph pitcher...I hope by the time he is a senior he can heat up his fastball to low 60's.

Sounds like some sour grapes here. This soph pitcher only happened to strike out 5, walk 1, give up 8 hits and 1 earned run. Not bad. Guess you didn't realize you don't have to be a fireballer to be a good pitcher. Ryle's pitchers threw pretty hard, but gave up 8 walks.

Thats more like it RB. Sometimes the other team just has a better day. Good to see no excuses.

RB was not at the game so he can't report. If you were at the game and if you read my original post, the point I was trying to make was Ryle had the win but for the blown call at second and the dropped third strike by Ryle.

Anything I posted after that was in response to P2W crying about how many games they had to play....we pitched a soph....bla bla bla.

and honestly....the kid did not hit 60 all day, and I think that might have been a problem for the Raiders...same way Highlands threw the JV kid against

St> Xavier and they did not hit him well.

So in response to fballstud, yes sir, RYLE HAD A BAD GAME.

The other losses were 1 run games to some pretty good clubs, except for the loss to PRP, who also spanked Russell.

Well, the kid is not the fastest pitcher in the world, but he throws in the mid to low 70's. Also, Ryle's first two runs came on two consecutive errors (1st hitter singled, second got on on as E4, third got on on an E5) so both runs were unearned. The fourth run got on on an E6 after two outs, so take away those runs and Russell wins 4-2.

That is why this is baseball. Teams capitalize on other's mistakes. Russell is a good team. There not world beaters, but they are very good. By the way, the guy sliding into the glove is simply your opinion. I was at the game as well and my opinion is that the runner was safe. Who is right? Also, the questionable safe/out at second came after it was already 7-5, so how did that call beat Ryle?

RB was not at the game so he can't report. If you were at the game and if you read my original post, the point I was trying to make was Ryle had the win but for the blown call at second and the dropped third strike by Ryle.

Anything I posted after that was in response to P2W crying about how many games they had to play....we pitched a soph....bla bla bla.

and honestly....the kid did not hit 60 all day, and I think that might have been a problem for the Raiders...same way Highlands threw the JV kid against

St> Xavier and they did not hit him well.

So in response to fballstud, yes sir, RYLE HAD A BAD GAME.

The other losses were 1 run games to some pretty good clubs, except for the loss to PRP, who also spanked Russell.

First of all I did not cry. I was responding to you complete lack of respect of another school in an attempt to make your school look better. Earn merit from your own play and not by trying to belittle others.

As for the spanking? Yes Russell lost to PRP 8-1 in 7 innings. I believe PRP mercied Ryle 12-2 in 5 innings. And lost to South Laurel 5-3.

Well, the kid is not the fastest pitcher in the world, but he throws in the mid to low 70's. Also, Ryle's first two runs came on two consecutive errors (1st hitter singled, second got on on as E4, third got on on an E5) so both runs were unearned. The fourth run got on on an E6

I rest my case.

Which case are you resting? The case that the game was already 7-5 if and when the runner "should" have been out at second?

Give it up JB. Ryle is the best team in the state. When they happen to lose, it's because they had an off day. Or, all their players didn't make the trip. Or, the umpires weren't very good.

Give it up JB. Ryle is the best team in the state. When they happen to lose, it's because they had an off day. Or, all their players didn't make the trip. Or, the umpires weren't very good.

See...baseball guy figured it out, and he had absolutely no facts to go on.

Whatever dude. Ryle was a very good team. Russell is pretty good as well. Russell threw their #4 or #5 pitcher. If you think they are only as good as that pitcher, you are wrong. He is not fast (he throws more than 60) but keeps hitters off balance and is very good for his age. Heck, he threw a complete game and struck out five. Good hitters don't strike out five times against a crappy pitcher. There were circumstances that hurt both teams in the game. Russell won. Get over it.

Russell 0 0 0 4 0 0 6- 10

Ryle 2 1 0 1 0 1 0 - 5

unless the paper got it wrong...you guys can't get the score right, so how crediable are your details.

in the 7th down 5-4, Russell's #3 walked, # 17 struck out looking, #3 attemped a steal and was dead at 2nd, called safe. #1 struck out looking but ball got past the catcher runner safe...should have been ballgame.

Read my first post and that sums this up exactly. Any comments baseball guy.

Since you haven't figured it out yet, thats the case I rest. That and all the Russell errors you pointed out.