Grant County 53 Walton-Verona 47

I want to congratulate Walton-Verona on a good season. To go from 4 wins to having 14 this year and still returning 10 of our top 12 players for next year. You showed great growth as a team and as young men and made us all proud. Congratulations to Shea Evans and Jacob Kirby for sticking it out through some tough times and having a great Senior Season. Good luck to Grant County the rest of the year.

Ugly game as usual in the 8th Region. Refs letting holding, grabbing and kicking going on all night. But would call if you put two hands on someone. Grant made shots down the stretch and free throws. Walton kept fouling the wrong kids late in the game. The had the chance to foul the big kid for Grant a few times late and failed to. The one time they did, he missed both free throws. Clinkerbeard from Walton played great, kept his team close all night, just played smart basketball all night long.

Should be a good one Friday night, SK/Grant in the finals.

I feel sorry for the Region that gets the guys from the 8th! They were absolutely horrible both ways. It is absolutely terrible!

#1 . for this kids to have to play. This is basketball. What was played last night was not basketball.

#2 for the fans that pay money to come watch a basketball game and then have to see that.

SOME OFFICIALS (COLDIRON, MORRIS) NEED TO WORRY MORE ABOUT REFFING THE GAME AND CARE LESS ABOUT PEOPLE LOOKING AT THEM. WE DID NOT COME TO SEE YOU. WE CAME TO WATCH A "BASKETBALL" GAME!

Congrats to both team.

Walton on a very good season. Keep working hard.

Good luck to GC on Friday night against SK.

It was what we expected, an all out war. Similar to what you will see Friday night with Grant/SK. Went back & forth for a while before Grant pulled away. Walton was able to chip away at the 12 point lead and cut it to 6 which was the game difference. Townsend hit a couple of 3's in the 4th to cut the lead, but Grant pulled it out. Zach Clinkenbeard led all scorers with 16 for Walton. I believe it was Seth Adkins with 15 for GRT.

"SOME OFFICIALS (COLDIRON, MORRIS) NEED TO WORRY MORE ABOUT REFFING THE GAME AND CARE LESS ABOUT PEOPLE LOOKING AT THEM. WE DID NOT COME TO SEE YOU. WE CAME TO WATCH A "BASKETBALL" GAME!"

On the officials note, you have to realize that these guys have been calling these games for years in the region. They will know a lot of people in all of the schools. I didn't see the "showboating" that you are inferring with your comment KIR last night. They do talk to folks, but actually, I think the game, although a a bit rough, was ok. The girls game was a bit worse with some blatent missed calls there.

It was what we expected, an all out war. Similar to what you will see Friday night with Grant/SK. Went back & forth for a while before Grant pulled away. Walton was able to chip away at the 12 point lead and cut it to 6 which was the game difference. Townsend hit a couple of 3's in the 4th to cut the lead, but Grant pulled it out. Zach Clinkenbeard led all scorers with 16 for Walton. I believe it was Seth Adkins with 15 for GRT.

"SOME OFFICIALS (COLDIRON, MORRIS) NEED TO WORRY MORE ABOUT REFFING THE GAME AND CARE LESS ABOUT PEOPLE LOOKING AT THEM. WE DID NOT COME TO SEE YOU. WE CAME TO WATCH A "BASKETBALL" GAME!"

On the officials note, you have to realize that these guys have been calling these games for years in the region. They will know a lot of people in all of the schools. I didn't see the "showboating" that you are inferring with your comment KIR last night. They do talk to folks, but actually, I think the game, although a a bit rough, was ok. The girls game was a bit worse with some blatent missed calls there.

Zach, the freshman? Are you sure it wasn't his older brother?