Weather next week.

Tommy2tone

Not going to be much going on outside next week. Any advantage to those schools with indoor hitting facilities or sports turf on football field or still too early to make a difference?

Is there ever very much going on outside the first couple weeks?? Even if it's warm, it's likely going to be too wet. Heck, even into the first couple weeks of March it's hit and miss on getting actual field work in. Those that can hit inside I guess have an advantage, but really games in March don't count for much. Everybody is on an equal playing field once the games start to count late in the season.

Has any school done anything at all yet with all the cancellations?

Looking at the 10 day forecast, there's only one day where the temperature is above freezing! Ugghhh!!! So getting outside is pretty much out of the question.

Can coaches conduct a good HS baseball tryout entirely indoors?

Has any school done anything at all yet with all the cancellations?

Looking at the 10 day forecast, there's only one day where the temperature is above freezing! Ugghhh!!! So getting outside is pretty much out of the question.

Can coaches conduct a good HS baseball tryout entirely indoors?

I know HHS has had atleast one tryout (Midnight Madness on Sunday). Other than that I don't know if anyone has. NCC, Dixie, and Cooper have not been able to get one in yet.

And it may not be the most ideal thing to do but tryouts can be held entirely indoors. Outside tryouts/practices won't happen for awhile.

How is HHS having tryouts ? Inside facilities? Did they have school today ?

For Midnight Madness they used the Next Level facility.

Starting today their indoor facility opens so they will be using that. And not sure about the HHS policy but for a lot of schools even if school is closed it doesn't always mean tryouts/practices/games are cancelled.