11th vs. 12th - Sweet 16 First Round

Agree ky playmaker. No incentive to really go all-out in a regular season game (with no seeding, etc. in play). Whether or not people think that it happens, it would be hard to convince me that it doesn't.

I don't think coaches tell kids to lose. I don't think they say they are going to do anything but win when asked about it. I think the players play as hard as they can.

But when it comes to two evenly matched teams, if I'm a coach and we're equal in every other aspect, then you can bet your bottom dollar I'm not going to throw the sink at you if I know I have to beat you later and think that it'd be to my advantage to hold off on using it until then.

I understand all that as well I just think that in this day and age it is way too hard to hide what you do from anyone.

Should be an interesting Boyle County/Southwestern game on Tuesday and maybe that explains why Southwestern was less than impressive against Lincoln County last Monday.

I understand all that as well I just think that in this day and age it is way too hard to hide what you do from anyone.

Should be an interesting Boyle County/Southwestern game on Tuesday and maybe that explains why Southwestern was less than impressive against Lincoln County last Monday.

True there.

I grew up at a high school that was kind of isolated from other programs in that there was no City-Independent school, cross-town rival, any other high schools in the immediate area, whatever.

I know that if I were a coach and one of my kids was out talking about what we were practicing doing if I'd purposefully been trying to keep it under wraps, then I'd completely flip.

I didnt make the Lincoln game but was told it was about like Wayne game. Looked more like a pickup game for SW on offense. I am sure Boyle will be the same way. I aint saying the outcome would been any different though.

Edited by PurplePride92
Rule 13-improper capitalization of school names

Didn't say SW was hiding anything from Wayne. Just said we didnt run any of our sets to get certain things we want that game and others. Like I said I aint saying it would make a difference in the outcome. Those teams are very good. I cant wait for the 3rd game between the two. It will be at Wayne too I believe. I love the wayne-SW rivalry. Neither team is backing down from the other. Its been pretty one sided over last couple years. Sw young kids just now caught up enough to compete and make it interesting.