Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke 63 Louisville 52

Featured Replies

UofL shooting threes isn't a new thing... They've done it every year Pitino has been here' date=' whether they were a good shooting team or a bad shooting team. So let's not act like that is isolated to this year...[/quote']

 

I wasn't implying that it is a new thing. It's well known that Pitino teams shoot the three ball. However, they are typically good at it, this team is terrible at it. There comes a point where if you don't have the players to run your typical gameplan, you change your gameplan.

 

It's one thing to like to shoot threes, as you say Pitino teams have always done, which I agree they always have. But this team is an exceptionally poor shooting team, by any standard.

 

The only change I can see that Pitino has made, is pulling Harrell off the block and letting him shoot more threes. Maybe he's trying to find a shooter, I dunno. I dont think pulling your only true post player out of the post is a good thing though.

  • Replies 64
  • Views 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30% shooting on 61 shots.

 

If they make (a still paltry) 40%, 6 shots (12 points and assume a couple are 3s) they win.

 

30% shooting with 16% 3-pt shooting is just not going to win games against good teams.

The post of the day right here folks!

Per a radio report today, Harrell is no longer a (the) captain of UL's team. Whether permanent or temporary, the report did not say.

Per a radio report today' date=' Harrell is no longer a (the) captain of UL's team. Whether permanent or temporary, the report did not say.[/quote']

 

That's interesting. I suppose as reason as to why was not given?

[/b]

I will preface this by saying I am not a Louisville basher. Most UK fans are, but I have enjoyed watching U of L basketball through the Denny Crum and now Rick Pitino years.

 

I was so looking forward to watching this game. Wow....Rick's team has been struck with the ugly stick. Duke went to the zone and U of L had no answer. Ugly, ugly basketball by the Cards.

 

I then got to watch much of the West Virginia/Texas game, and I will say if Louisville played West Virginia in a game where the first team to 100 wins, and both teams packed in a zone defense, it might take two days to finish.

 

The lost art in all of basketball is the jump shot. There are some really poor fundamental strokes out there and Louisville has a whole team of them.

 

 

For sure. Relying so much on sheer athleticism and not enough on sound shooting fundamentals has produced a lot of kids with horrible jump shots.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.