Longest Winning Streak within a Region

Tonight's game when Henderson visits Hopkinsville could very well end Hoptowns 54 game region 2 win streak. It got me wondering what is the longest winning streaks in Ky within regions. I don't know a whole lot about other regions and didn't know if anyone had a clue. 54 games is quite a long streak.

In the modern 10th Region era, I would think Mason County would have the record. I'm thinking from the time they consolidated with Maysville (starting in 1991-92), they didn't lose to a 10th Region team until the 1995 Regional title game against Billy Ray Fawns & Montgomery County.

Warren Central officially won 56 straight 4th Region games from January 4th, 2002 through December 7th, 2004. Their last loss before that was at Glasgow 84-80 on December 21st, 2001 during Brandon Stockton's year - a travesty of a game I might add. They lost after 54 straight to Russellville in the first game of the 2004/05 season, but that was later forfeited. That meant the loss Warren Central took on December 17th, 2004, 78-71 in double overtime against Franklin-Simpson was the streak buster at 56 games. After that loss, Central won the next 19 they played against the region, meaning they won in total 75 of 76 games.

It's not what you asked, but all in all, Warren Central won 104 of 107 games against 4th Region teams from that loss at Glasgow until the end of their six straight region title run. The loss to Franklin-Simpson, a loss to Glasgow (a gargantuan upset), and a loss to Bowling Green (likewise).

As for whether that's the longest in 4th Region history, it'd almost have to be, or certainly for a long, long, long time. It'd require at least three straight region titles, and when Central did that during that 56 game streak, no one had done it in the region in 40 years, and that was the only time since the 40's. I would question whether a team even played enough region games back then for it to be a longer streak.

I believe St. Henry ended the streak with a victory in Park Hills during the '04-'05 season.

The longest streak since 2000, I believe, was Covcath with 24 straight between 03/04-04/05.

Holmes won 18 straight between 07/08-08/09.