Bracken County 52 Paris 33 10th Region All A

Shocked in this one.

The margin shocked me,but not the outcome.

Bailey Cummins now 185 points of the all-time scoring record at Bracken County. Molly Linville had 1698.

With at least 13 games left for BC, Cummins needs to only average 14.2/game to break the record this season. Since she's averaging 24.8 PPG...I'd say its happening soon.

PS- 13 games would mean a loss in their next All-A game, as well as a first round District loss. Neither seem likely, so she probably has 16-17 games to do this.

Both teams came out a little flat. Bracken put out a balance scoring attack in this one and the Lady Hounds didn't have an answer to anything. Reserves were mixed in most of the second half and still Paris didn't have much of an answer.

The Lady Bears shot a horrid 7-22 from the free throw line for 32% :no:

Scoring for Bracken:

Cummins 20

Mak. Jefferson 8

Carl 7

Collins 4

Jones 4

Florer 3

Kalb 3

Macy Jefferson 1

My apologies my stat sheet for the Lady Hounds is missing in action:banghead:

Bracken improves to 11-5 on the season tied with Scott High for best record in the 10th region while Paris falls to 5-10.

Next up for the Lady Bears will be cross county rival the Augusta Lady Panthers next Thursday night at 6pm in Mt. Olivet. Bracken won their first meeting 44-43 at the Igloo back on Dec. 9.

Edited by polarbear98

This outcome is about what I expected to be honest. Lady Bears have a really good team with some several quality wins this season. Poised to make a run in this All A tournament as well as the district and region. We have arguably the best player in the 10th region in Bailey Cummins who is only a junior this season. we have nice depth on our bench go about 9 deep with a major drop off in level of play. As of today I would put Bracken in the top 4-5 teams in our region. :thumb:

This outcome is about what I expected to be honest. Lady Bears have a really good team with some several quality wins this season. Poised to make a run in this All A tournament as well as the district and region. We have arguably the best player in the 10th region in Bailey Cummins who is only a junior this season. we have nice depth on our bench go about 9 deep without a major drop off in level of play. As of today I would put Bracken in the top 4-5 teams in our region. :thumb:

Had to fix that :thumb: If only I could type :ohbrother:

This outcome is about what I expected to be honest. Lady Bears have a really good team with some several quality wins this season. Poised to make a run in this All A tournament as well as the district and region. We have arguably the best player in the 10th region in Bailey Cummins who is only a junior this season. we have nice depth on our bench go about 9 deep with a major drop off in level of play. As of today I would put Bracken in the top 4-5 teams in our region. :thumb:

Although they weren't feeling much love prior to the season, they have quietly put together a nice season thus far.

Although they weren't feeling much love prior to the season, they have quietly put together a nice season thus far.

You are correct Opie. They didn't get much love and the ones getting all the love have under-achieved to an extent. I'm sure Coach Kelesh doesn't mind though. Got some big games coming up if the girls can keep up thier nice play maybe we'll get a little love. :thumb: