Trinity 57 St. Xavier 47

A win is a win is a win against your rival, though the game was pretty uneventful. First time ever that the all time series has been tied as X won something like 14 of the first 16 meetings between the two schools and T has won like 13 of the last 17 to pull even. Rocks may have a chance to take the all-time series lead for the first time ever next week if they meet X in the LIT!

Spalding did not score in the first half, playing just seven minutes, but scored 10 in the second half as T outscored X 33-19 after halftime.

T leading scorers: Thieneman-17, Ramser-14, Levitch-12, Spalding -10. X leading scorers: Burgess-20, Miller-9, Shanklin-8.

Trinity is now 10-3 and St. X is 9-5.

I wanted to wait a couple of days. I thought Trinity looked bored for most of the game. That is not a good sign going forward. This team has a chance to be special. They were not special Friday.

Agreed,,they seem to be in reverse....

Agreed,,they seem to be in reverse....

I think Szabo will get them re-focused for the LIT.

They really want to play Ballard and the other teams that refuse to schedule them.

Of course they will probably have to beat St X again to advance and that should be enough motivation to get them going.

First time ever that the all time series has been tied as X won something like 14 of the first 16 meetings between the two schools and T has won like 13 of the last 17 to pull even.

I was not aware of this but I think back in Trinity's earliest days, X had some pretty good teams and T was still in its formative years so I guess it is not a surprise X beat them so many times back then.