Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cantrell Ratings Top 25

Featured Replies

Here are the top 25 girls teams per the first Cantrell Ratings of the season:

 

1. Elizabethtown 88.1

2. Henderson County 85.0

3. Holmes 83.4

4. Allen County-Scottsville 81.5

5. Southwestern 81.4

6. Highlands 81.1

6. Cov. Holy Cross 81.1

8. Butler 80.9

9. South Warren 80.8

10. Mercer County 80.6

11. Male 80.4

12. Eastern 80.1

13. Bell County 79.9

14. Murray 79.8

15. Manual 79.6

16. Simon Kenton 79.4

17. Graves County 79.3

18. Franklin County 78.6

19. Henry Clay 78.5

20. Mercy 78.1

20. Sacred Heart 78.1

22. Leslie County 77.5

23. Paducah Tilghman 76.9

24. Bowling Green 76.6

25. Ashland Blazer 76.5

 

 

E-town girls top Cantrall ratings | Fields Notes

Didn't think the ratings came out tomorrow. Where can we find regional ratings?

Meant to say didn't think they came out until tomorrow.

I am unfamiliar with the Cantrell Ratings. Can someone please give some insight into what goes into these rankings?

I am unfamiliar with the Cantrell Ratings. Can someone please give some insight into what goes into these rankings?

 

It's a computer-ranking system ran by the Lexington Herald Leader (similar to the Litkenhous of the Courier-Journal).

 

Not an arbitrary human vote by any means.

 

Record, strength of schedule and point differential (close losses and blowout wins help) all play a factor. Games against non-KY teams do not count (because it's hard to rate them).

It's a computer-ranking system ran by the Lexington Herald Leader (similar to the Litkenhous of the Courier-Journal).

 

Not an arbitrary human vote by any means.

 

Record, strength of schedule and point differential (close losses and blowout wins help) all play a factor. Games against non-KY teams do not count (because it's hard to rate them).

 

Thanks! I appreciate it. I guess Highlands has a bigger point differential and/or strength of schedule than HC? I've seen HC play, they're pretty good.

Thanks! I appreciate it. I guess Highlands has a bigger point differential and/or strength of schedule than HC? I've seen HC play, they're pretty good.

 

Couple things here 1) Highlands is pretty darn good too. 2) some of HC's sos would have come from the Indiana teams they played, which aren't counted in this. 3)HC has played a little short-handed in most of their games. Either illness or injury.

 

They play each other this Friday.

Holy Cross will more than likely be without All-Region player Ally Mayhaus for the HC/Highlands game. Still hope for a great game between two solid teams.

 

Holy Cross will play at Holmes on January 22nd. Hope we can get back to full strength for that one.

 

Highlands will get Holmes at home on January 29th.

Holy Cross will more than likely be without All-Region player Ally Mayhaus for the HC/Highlands game. Still hope for a great game between two solid teams.

 

Holy Cross will play at Holmes on January 22nd. Hope we can get back to full strength for that one.

 

Highlands will get Holmes at home on January 29th.

 

Oh know! Why without Ally?

Concussion.

 

Alas. She'll be the fourth HC starter to miss a game or games with injuries this year, and the seventh of HC's 11 players. Nine different girls have filled starting roles.

 

I HATE seeing girls (on any team) hurt.

Concussion.

 

Alas. She'll be the fourth HC starter to miss a game or games with injuries this year, and the seventh of HC's 11 players. Nine different girls have filled starting roles.

 

I HATE seeing girls (on any team) hurt.

 

Me too. And was hoping HC was finally getting healthy for the stretch run.

 

Because honestly, whoever wins the 9th is who I will be rooting for. This year...it will definitely be earned!!! (not to say it wasn't in past years...you know what I mean!).

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.