Holmes 78 Conner 70

Clyde

Credit Conner for playing hard for 4 qtrs. They got down 16-6 early in the 1st qtr but came back to take a 23-22 lead in the 2nd qtr. Went in to the 4th qtr down 16 (57-41) but came back to make it a 6 pt game late in the 4th, keyed by missed Holmes ft's down the stretch.

Spencer Hemmerich had a big game for the Cougars with 25 pts.

Final Stats:

Bolden 19 pts, 7 rbs, 4 ast

Mullins 19 pts, 6 rbs

Avery 18 pts, 9 rbs, 4 blks

McClendon 11 pts

Covington 6 pts

Arnold 5 pts

Hemmerich 25 pts

Scott 12 pts, 8 rbs

Barnes 9 pts

Padgett 8 pts, 5 rbs

Watts 8 pts

Gam 6 pts

Collier 2 pts

FG

Holmes 26-45 58%

Conner 24-57 51%

3FG

Holmes 5-11 45%

Conner 4-13 31%

FT

Conner 10-12 83%

Holmes 11-20 55%

Rebounds

Holmes 35

Conner 28

Score by Qtr:

Holmes 22-16-19-21--78

Conner 18-13-10-29--70

Interested to hear Clyde's take on the two "continuation" and one's given to Conner in the 4th qtr that were clearly on the floor yet same play for Bolden at the other end gets called a shooting foul and not an and one.

I was there...first one for Conner it looked like NBA continuation, Bolden's was the correct call.

On Bolden's I didn't catch them calling it a shooting foul, is that what they called? I just thought they called it a foul before the shot.

I was there...first one for Conner it looked like NBA continuation, Bolden's was the correct call.

On Bolden's I didn't catch them calling it a shooting foul, is that what they called? I just thought they called it a foul before the shot.

Was called a foul on the floor but Holmes was in the bonus...which is why Bolden shot two.

Interested to hear Clyde's take on the two "continuation" and one's given to Conner in the 4th qtr that were clearly on the floor yet same play for Bolden at the other end gets called a shooting foul and not an and one.

I wasn't watching closely. I had two conversations going at the time. Do you have film?

Avery is really good at what he does - score around the basket, block shots, and get boards. Not skilled offensively away from the basket but the kid is long. I'd never guard him outside of 6 feet.

Bolden started off 4/4 from 3. Cooled off a lot after that. Give the kid credit. He doesn't force shots very often ie trying to get his.

Like the Arnold kid in the post a lot. Strong kid.

Spencer Hemmerich can play. Really skilled offensively. Scored from 3. Scored at the rim on the drive. Great at using ball fake/head fake to get space.

He's going to be fun to watch over the next few years.

Agreed. Nice player. Him and Watts will be a nice duo next year.